+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Histogen news

Default Histogen news

Some good news.

Just wanted to let you guys know, I've been in contact with Histogen and got a response from them recently.

They tell me they are currently focused on completion of preclinical and development work that will allow HSC to move into the next stage of clinical trials.
    There will be at least 1 more clinical trial required in any country where HSC will be introduced. Initial regions of focus: US and Asia.
    They are now moving forward with Series B financing.

So although news-wise things may have seemed quiet lately, we can rest assured they have been busy with preclinical work to bring everything to the next stage.
    Yes I know you all want estimated timelines (me too!), but just wanted to let you all know they are still moving ahead with HSC

Hey,

If it's true, it's a good news !
    I hope there are still alive and hope we could have a timeline soon !

Thanks

They need to hurry the **** up if they plan on making any kind of cash considering that by the time they bring anything to market, ADERANS will probably have come back from the dead and finish Phase III.

HelloUser, but do you have news about Aderans ? Or it's simply a joke ??

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    They need to hurry the **** up if they plan on making any kind of cash considering that by the time they bring anything to market, ADERANS will probably have come back from the dead and finish Phase III.
    Hahahha. Now that is funny. But I can already see it.
    This is one good in house joke. You know you have bad project management if Aderans comes to market before you. .

Quote Originally Posted by Seuxin View Post
    HelloUser, but do you have news about Aderans ? Or it's simply a joke ??
    Aderans is dead. The project got scrapped last year, everyone got laid off, the website shut down which nows shows some kind of property being sold.

Forget about Aderans.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Aderans is dead. The project got scrapped last year, everyone got laid off, the website shut down which nows shows some kind of property being sold.

Forget about Aderans.
    I wonder if hair loss researchers have looked much into Ambras Syndrome?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Default our only hope now

really people at histogen need to work on releasing it. the hairloss congress initiative showed us that there will be no treatment in the near future. even worse all things there are in the lab. who knows if they will succeed once they hit humans. we have histogen I think it will serve many people. growth factors signals the cells so multiple treatments means continuous signaling and should do great. they have the only treatment that could be out in less than 2 years if they started the trials. they should do now that they are the only players in market.

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    the hairloss congress initiative showed us that there will be no treatment in the near future.
    This is based on the assumption that everyone attends conferences. This is not the case. If anything, we've gotten the clear impression that the secrecy of the hair loss science world means it may be possible there's something near release and we just don't know about it.

It's a shame that hair loss researchers are so anti academic in this regard. It's all about protecting their profit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysmorgan View Post
    This is based on the assumption that everyone attends conferences. This is not the case. If anything, we've gotten the clear impression that the secrecy of the hair loss science world means it may be possible there's something near release and we just don't know about it.

It's a shame that hair loss researchers are so anti academic in this regard. It's all about protecting their profit.
    one thing that bothers me it is that histogen technology is actually already in use in europe, india and korea. if you google growth factor injections you will see results from around the world. one company called prostemics in korea already using Grwoth factors (GF) as injections. once the FDA approve histogen this method will be widely popular. histogen only have patent in how to harvest collect the growth factors. there are many other who use other techniques. and they should work. KGF, aFGF, bFGF,IGF-1 are all expressed in the hair follicle during the anagen phase. other GFs that help with follicle size like vegf which will help in miniaturized hair. so GF technology is a big and histogen is just a small player. prp should work but the concentration of growth factors is low compared to harvested GFs i guess which will require multiple sessions but at the current price point it can't be done.