Histogen news

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gladiator
    • Feb 2012

It would be ideal if shisiedo purchased the rights to histogen and were able to co release the products , or at least be able to provide at "2 part approach" .
    Then we are are looking at a game changer ,
    I personally get the feeling the growth factors from histogen will be determined by various factors differing from person to person like anything else .
    We are really not far from having better options and it will really change how we feel about ourselves , just stay positive , enjoy life as we all should and before we know it we will be at peace with this shit !
    "change the things you can , accept The things you cannot "

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by sascha
      Hey guys. What do you think will happen now? Because of the new regulations in Japan a treatment like Histogen but also Replicel can come to market during phase 2, as soon as safety is shown.
      Histogen is conducting phase 3 trial. Does that mean they can sell their product right away? Also Shiseido/Replicel is starting the phase 2 trial.

No, histogen is trying to go in phase IIb testing. They can release it right after this phase, but if they even start it (have the funding) is the question.

Comment

• sascha
        • Feb 2014

Ah okay thanks. Yes, I think they do got the funding. At least that is what they said in their video presentation at Mesa.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Hey guys. What do you think will happen now? Because of the new regulations in Japan a treatment like Histogen but also Replicel can come to market during phase 2, as soon as safety is shown.
          Histogen is conducting phase 3 trial. Does that mean they can sell their product right away? Also Shiseido/Replicel is starting the phase 2 trial.
          I expect delays and further slacking. At best they'll release something within the next two years.

Comment

• sascha
            • Feb 2014

Therefore we can say that Histogen and Replicel are similarly advanced in their release-process.
            Histogen seems to have greater results than Replicel, but Replicel teamed up with Shiseido. This is all so f-ing confusing.
            Why isn't this subject part of the Bald Truth Talk? Didn't Spencer say they all would be better off if we would have a great new treatment....
            I do not get it, somebody should shed some light on the situation.

Comment

• brocktherock
              • Dec 2013

Therefore we can say that Histogen and Replicel are similarly advanced in their release-process.
              Histogen seems to have greater results than Replicel, but Replicel teamed up with Shiseido. This is all so f-ing confusing.
              Why isn't this subject part of the Bald Truth Talk? Didn't Spencer say they all would be better off if we would have a great new treatment....
              I do not get it, somebody should shed some light on the situation.
              Histogen only has better results because replicel only has done a phase 1 study. In their pilot study some people saw 19% improvement in 6 MONTHS with one injection, that alone is better than fin and that's why shesiedo picked it up. They aren't really slacking at all anymore, Sheseido is doing their own phase 2 study in japan to move things along. David Hall even said that once they figure out the dosage that he believes it will be a cure. There's no more Follica antics going on with these guys. Only a few more years.

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Originally posted by brocktherock
                Histogen only has better results because replicel only has done a phase 1 study. In their pilot study some people saw 19% improvement in 6 MONTHS with one injection, that alone is better than fin and that's why shesiedo picked it up. They aren't really slacking at all anymore, Sheseido is doing their own phase 2 study in japan to move things along. David Hall even said that once they figure out the dosage that he believes it will be a cure. There's no more Follica antics going on with these guys. Only a few more years.
                Dosing will NOT be higher. They used their maximum dosage in Phase I and it will continue to stay like that for the remainder of the trial. You can ONLY expect more frequent dosing in the next phase trials and commercial release. If they're trial is set up to inject, lets say, 10,000 DSC cells, then that's the maximum you're going to get. If they'd want to try 20,000 cells, they'd have to start the trials all over.

HOWEVER

What I am curious about are the results of Phase I injections at the 12 month mark. Here's why; we know a traditional hair transplant takes about 12 months or so for full effects. The follicles are fully developed non-AGA affected taken from the back and implanted to the balding areas. If it takes about 1 year to get full results from already developed follicles to sprout terminal hairs, WHY have so many of us written off Replicel after only 6 months of data from cells that needed to rejuvinate and/or create BRAND NEW follicles? Would this process take longer than a hair transplant?

But here's where things get murky: Replicel doesn't have data past the 6 month mark! Which is damn stupid... why would they not follow the progress past that... THATS when all the interesting stuff SHOULD happen.

I wonder who those individuals are from the Phase I trial.

Comment

• sascha
                  • Feb 2014

Well still better results right now...I do not understand all the negativity in this forum. Whoever believes that the opening of this research cluster, the new laws in Japan and Shiseido buying Replicels technology are coincidents seems off their game. Can't see why this shouldn't be it and yes with it I mean "cure" for a lot of people.

Comment

• Kudu
                    • Nov 2013

Man, I just wish I knew for sure whether Histogen or RepliCell will come out or not. It would just be nice so I could get on with my life instead of holding my breath the next few years. I'm worried I'll be the guy that goes bald right as they come out, how shitty would that be? Finally a real treatment and it won't help you.

Comment

• sascha
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Kudu
                      Man, I just wish I knew for sure whether Histogen or RepliCell will come out or not. It would just be nice so I could get on with my life instead of holding my breath the next few years. I'm worried I'll be the guy that goes bald right as they come out, how shitty would that be? Finally a real treatment and it won't help you.
                      I feel you. I concentrate on the positive stuff:
                      a) the treatments are safe !!!
                      b) Japan has new regulations make it possible to sell safe treatments
                      c) even we baldies deserve some luck from time to time

Comment

• Plain
                        • May 2014

Originally posted by Kudu

I agree with you 100%. I'm sick and tired of constantly clicking click-bait articles with titles like "Cure for MPB closer Scientists find". Not only is it mentally taxing but it's eating up my time when it could be used to come to terms with this genetic death sentence. If Histogen and Replicel fail, I'm done. No more. Zilch. Nada. I will succumb to this disease with bitter resignation.

Comment

• Justinian
                          • Sep 2014

I feel you. I concentrate on the positive stuff:
                          a) the treatments are safe !!!
                          b) Japan has new regulations make it possible to sell safe treatments
                          c) even we baldies deserve some luck from time to time
                          What I worry about is that it won't be feasible to get treatment in Japan. Will it take 2 trips or one trip that's a month long? I believe they extract the cells and then culture them or something which takes a little while.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by Justinian
                            What I worry about is that it won't be feasible to get treatment in Japan. Will it take 2 trips or one trip that's a month long? I believe they extract the cells and then culture them or something which takes a little while.
                            I think it takes about 2 months to culture.

Comment

• brocktherock
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                              Dosing will NOT be higher. They used their maximum dosage in Phase I and it will continue to stay like that for the remainder of the trial. You can ONLY expect more frequent dosing in the next phase trials and commercial release. If they're trial is set up to inject, lets say, 10,000 DSC cells, then that's the maximum you're going to get. If they'd want to try 20,000 cells, they'd have to start the trials all over.

HOWEVER

What I am curious about are the results of Phase I injections at the 12 month mark. Here's why; we know a traditional hair transplant takes about 12 months or so for full effects. The follicles are fully developed non-AGA affected taken from the back and implanted to the balding areas. If it takes about 1 year to get full results from already developed follicles to sprout terminal hairs, WHY have so many of us written off Replicel after only 6 months of data from cells that needed to rejuvinate and/or create BRAND NEW follicles? Would this process take longer than a hair transplant?

But here's where things get murky: Replicel doesn't have data past the 6 month mark! Which is damn stupid... why would they not follow the progress past that... THATS when all the interesting stuff SHOULD happen.

I wonder who those individuals are from the Phase I trial.

"Now, the next step for us, is a 160-patient trial that will measure frequency and dosage. We need to determine if you have to give more than one injection to get a serial conversion of healthy hair follicles? And the other aspect is determining the best dosage so we will be testing three different doses" From David Hall in Octobers interview. This is good news and also who knows how much faster Sheseido will speed things up, they said that they will share each others data. This is a lot of money just to get it out a couple years sooner. I have faith in these guys just from recent news.

Comment

• macbeth81
                                • Sep 2014

It is a 3 month culture, hence the group receiving a second treatment after 3 months. My assumption is that lower doses would take less time.

It would seem to me now that they are using lower doses since the DSC cells degrade the more they replicate. Thus the aim is quality over quantity. Unfortunately, that may mean there is a limit since the cells are harvested from your donor region.

Regardless, several treatments are required even if they manage consistent +20% yield. Start saving up your frequent flier miles.

Comment

Working...