+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Histogen news

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't taken the HSC subsection of the forum down. It's obvious Histogen is done, they clearly couldn't get a partner or funding for the phase IIb trials that were supposed to be starting at the beginning of 2015.

To me, this is a huge disappointment. I can't believe they couldn't get someone to throw a couple million at them to start their final trial for approval in Asia. For people who have sides on fin, or don't want to take a pill every day, this treatment is huge. Further, it could definitely increase the benefits of any medication out there today. This would have been out now or in the next year if they had gotten funding.
    I hope they suddenly announce that they get money. Some delay is acceptable because from the investor's point of view they are not buying a candy in a candy shop, they are throwing millions of dollars so more cautious is possible.

i wouldn't be surprised at all if they were really game over.
    histogen was always fishy, with nothing but delays. we never really knew what the histogen treatment was capable of. yes, a 20% hair boost would be nice, but if they are too incompetent to find some investors, then it's for a good reason. screw that.
    also i always had the feeling that growth factors alone can't be a long term cure. the DHT affected follicles are simply damaged/miniaturized over many years... why would it be possible to heal them with growth factors? it could also be possible that growthfactors boosted some resting follicles only, something similar to what neogenic claims. no new hairs, it's only waking up some sleeping follicles, if they are not already dead of course.

bye bye histogen. at least we can close a subcategory on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised at all if they were really game over.
    histogen was always fishy, with nothing but delays. we never really knew what the histogen treatment was capable of. yes, a 20% hair boost would be nice, but if they are too incompetent to find some investors, then it's for a good reason. screw that.
    also i always had the feeling that growth factors alone can't be a long term cure. the DHT affected follicles are simply damaged/miniaturized over many years... why would it be possible to heal them with growth factors? it could also be possible that growthfactors boosted some resting follicles only, something similar to what neogenic claims. no new hairs, it's only waking up some sleeping follicles, if they are not already dead of course.

bye bye histogen. at least we can close a subcategory on the forum.
    The delays were due to Robert Fitzpatrick's and SkinMedica's lame attempts to sue Histogen. If it weren't for them, Histogen would have had a product out for us by now.

histogen never disappoint to disappoint

I wouldn't write off hisogen quite yet. I'll still hold out some hope till for the rest of the year. If nothing happens then I'd say its a write off.

I think the fact that histogen couldn't get investors and replicel got major investors has to show that the results replicel was showing investors were far superior to histogens. I mean, why would a company invest in replicel over histogen with the results we have seen, especially when histogen only needs to finish one more trial before it can hit the market.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I think the fact that histogen couldn't get investors and replicel got major investors has to show that the results replicel was showing investors were far superior to histogens. I mean, why would a company invest in replicel over histogen with the results we have seen, especially when histogen only needs to finish one more trial before it can hit the market.
    That's assuming that you're talking about a very specific investor that ONLY had a choice of either Replicel or Histogen. There are PLENTY of investors in the world.

I wouldn't say their lack of obtaining investors is a reflection of their results. They got hit hard with the SkinMedica lawsuit. Why would anyone invest in Histogen under those circumstances? You would be paying their court costs. This wasn't over until late 2013, meanwhile RepliCel partners with Shiseido earlier in the same year.

Last year Histogen has been making distribution agreements for their cosmetic products. Getting cash flow from cosmetic products was objective one in their business plan.

Dr. Naughton said they would start hair-loss trials in early 2015, not January 2015. Considering researchers time lines though, early 2015 may translate into mid-2016...

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    I wouldn't say their lack of obtaining investors is a reflection of their results. They got hit hard with the SkinMedica lawsuit. Why would anyone invest in Histogen under those circumstances? You would be paying their court costs. This wasn't over until late 2013, meanwhile RepliCel partners with Shiseido earlier in the same year.

Last year Histogen has been making distribution agreements for their cosmetic products. Getting cash flow from cosmetic products was objective one in their business plan.

Dr. Naughton said they would start hair-loss trials in early 2015, not January 2015. Considering researchers time lines though, early 2015 may translate into mid-2016...
    You can blame skinmedica for 6 month delay, thats it. Its irrelevant niw to blame them.. gail naughton was the one who announced that they will start phase 2.. histogen indicates that they have non stop delaya..
    if early 2015 mean mid 2016, then we r going to see a treatment in 100 years..

This hair industry is totally ****ed up.. im sick of this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    You can blame skinmedica for 6 month delay, thats it. Its irrelevant niw to blame them.. gail naughton was the one who announced that they will start phase 2.. histogen indicates that they have non stop delaya..
    if early 2015 mean mid 2016, then we r going to see a treatment in 100 years..

This hair industry is totally ****ed up.. im sick of this shit
    No, SkinMedcia's unethical practices pushed back histogen by about TWO YEARS.