+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Histogen news

Thumbs up

It would be ideal if shisiedo purchased the rights to histogen and were able to co release the products , or at least be able to provide at "2 part approach" .
    Then we are are looking at a game changer ,
    I personally get the feeling the growth factors from histogen will be determined by various factors differing from person to person like anything else .
    We are really not far from having better options and it will really change how we feel about ourselves , just stay positive , enjoy life as we all should and before we know it we will be at peace with this shit !
    "change the things you can , accept The things you cannot "

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    Hey guys. What do you think will happen now? Because of the new regulations in Japan a treatment like Histogen but also Replicel can come to market during phase 2, as soon as safety is shown.
    Histogen is conducting phase 3 trial. Does that mean they can sell their product right away? Also Shiseido/Replicel is starting the phase 2 trial.

No, histogen is trying to go in phase IIb testing. They can release it right after this phase, but if they even start it (have the funding) is the question.

Ah okay thanks. Yes, I think they do got the funding. At least that is what they said in their video presentation at Mesa.

Hey guys. What do you think will happen now? Because of the new regulations in Japan a treatment like Histogen but also Replicel can come to market during phase 2, as soon as safety is shown.
    Histogen is conducting phase 3 trial. Does that mean they can sell their product right away? Also Shiseido/Replicel is starting the phase 2 trial.
    I expect delays and further slacking. At best they'll release something within the next two years.

Therefore we can say that Histogen and Replicel are similarly advanced in their release-process.
    Histogen seems to have greater results than Replicel, but Replicel teamed up with Shiseido. This is all so f-ing confusing.
    Why isn't this subject part of the Bald Truth Talk? Didn't Spencer say they all would be better off if we would have a great new treatment....
    I do not get it, somebody should shed some light on the situation.

Therefore we can say that Histogen and Replicel are similarly advanced in their release-process.
    Histogen seems to have greater results than Replicel, but Replicel teamed up with Shiseido. This is all so f-ing confusing.
    Why isn't this subject part of the Bald Truth Talk? Didn't Spencer say they all would be better off if we would have a great new treatment....
    I do not get it, somebody should shed some light on the situation.
    Histogen only has better results because replicel only has done a phase 1 study. In their pilot study some people saw 19% improvement in 6 MONTHS with one injection, that alone is better than fin and that's why shesiedo picked it up. They aren't really slacking at all anymore, Sheseido is doing their own phase 2 study in japan to move things along. David Hall even said that once they figure out the dosage that he believes it will be a cure. There's no more Follica antics going on with these guys. Only a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktherock View Post
    Histogen only has better results because replicel only has done a phase 1 study. In their pilot study some people saw 19% improvement in 6 MONTHS with one injection, that alone is better than fin and that's why shesiedo picked it up. They aren't really slacking at all anymore, Sheseido is doing their own phase 2 study in japan to move things along. David Hall even said that once they figure out the dosage that he believes it will be a cure. There's no more Follica antics going on with these guys. Only a few more years.
    Dosing will NOT be higher. They used their maximum dosage in Phase I and it will continue to stay like that for the remainder of the trial. You can ONLY expect more frequent dosing in the next phase trials and commercial release. If they're trial is set up to inject, lets say, 10,000 DSC cells, then that's the maximum you're going to get. If they'd want to try 20,000 cells, they'd have to start the trials all over.

HOWEVER

What I am curious about are the results of Phase I injections at the 12 month mark. Here's why; we know a traditional hair transplant takes about 12 months or so for full effects. The follicles are fully developed non-AGA affected taken from the back and implanted to the balding areas. If it takes about 1 year to get full results from already developed follicles to sprout terminal hairs, WHY have so many of us written off Replicel after only 6 months of data from cells that needed to rejuvinate and/or create BRAND NEW follicles? Would this process take longer than a hair transplant?

But here's where things get murky: Replicel doesn't have data past the 6 month mark! Which is damn stupid... why would they not follow the progress past that... THATS when all the interesting stuff SHOULD happen.

I wonder who those individuals are from the Phase I trial.

Well still better results right now...I do not understand all the negativity in this forum. Whoever believes that the opening of this research cluster, the new laws in Japan and Shiseido buying Replicels technology are coincidents seems off their game. Can't see why this shouldn't be it and yes with it I mean "cure" for a lot of people.

Man, I just wish I knew for sure whether Histogen or RepliCell will come out or not. It would just be nice so I could get on with my life instead of holding my breath the next few years. I'm worried I'll be the guy that goes bald right as they come out, how shitty would that be? Finally a real treatment and it won't help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Man, I just wish I knew for sure whether Histogen or RepliCell will come out or not. It would just be nice so I could get on with my life instead of holding my breath the next few years. I'm worried I'll be the guy that goes bald right as they come out, how shitty would that be? Finally a real treatment and it won't help you.
    I feel you. I concentrate on the positive stuff:
    a) the treatments are safe !!!
    b) Japan has new regulations make it possible to sell safe treatments
    c) even we baldies deserve some luck from time to time