Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Papilos
    • May 2014

Neograft or not!?!

Hey guys, I started receding around 26 and now that I'm 33 i'm thinning and well i have a lot less hair.....It didn't bother me much because i usually wore my hair really short so I decided to buzz it off. I will be getting married this November and my fiancé saw me looking at Neograft procedures on line. She said i'm by your side either way. So i have the green light to GO and have a possible surgery date of 5/17. I am TERRIFIED because I have never needed surgery and the fact that the before and after pictures are so scarce and they don't look legit. Now i've seen many pictures of Hollywoods famous go from norwood 2-4 to a full set of hair! I can't decide if Neograft is the way to go. I was ok with the doctor Barry DiBernardo who's a great plastic surgeon. before he left i was instructed that all he was doing was measuring me and going over the procedure because he has a contracted team of technicians who actually do the procedure that was a huge turn off..... anyway they asked for 9k for 1472 grafts. I said HELL NO i have a wedding thanks anyway..... she dropped it to $4 per graft and 6k. decisions decisions.... please any before and after stories/pics i would appreciate it! i would love to hear from those who have had the procedure done
  • Papilos
    • May 2014

Bump

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Papilos
      Hey guys, I started receding around 26 and now that I'm 33 i'm thinning and well i have a lot less hair.....It didn't bother me much because i usually wore my hair really short so I decided to buzz it off. I will be getting married this November and my fiancé saw me looking at Neograft procedures on line. She said i'm by your side either way. So i have the green light to GO and have a possible surgery date of 5/17. I am TERRIFIED because I have never needed surgery and the fact that the before and after pictures are so scarce and they don't look legit. Now i've seen many pictures of Hollywoods famous go from norwood 2-4 to a full set of hair! I can't decide if Neograft is the way to go. I was ok with the doctor Barry DiBernardo who's a great plastic surgeon. before he left i was instructed that all he was doing was measuring me and going over the procedure because he has a contracted team of technicians who actually do the procedure that was a huge turn off..... anyway they asked for 9k for 1472 grafts. I said HELL NO i have a wedding thanks anyway..... she dropped it to $4 per graft and 6k. decisions decisions.... please any before and after stories/pics i would appreciate it! i would love to hear from those who have had the procedure done
      Dr. Buckaroo Banzai was a physicist, neurosurgeon, test pilot, and rock musician. In real life, it's always best to use an experienced professional that does specifically what you want to have done, all of the time. For example, if you want strip surgery, go see Dr. Raymond Konior, Dr. True or Dr. Griffin in Atlanta (to name just a few great strip doctors).

FUE is a very difficult surgical skill to master. It MUST be performed by a capable and experienced physician.

Can you post photos? What is your family history of hair loss. If you have Norwood sixes on both sides of your family, you could be chasing hair loss for years. Do you take Propecia (finasteride)? How about Rogaine?

The surgery itself is nothing to be terrified of, a bad, unnatural result is something every prospective patient should be terrified of. I know because I had one years ago performed by a well known hair mill. A bad transplant is worse than being bald. I can't shave my head because of the scars. Hopefully ReCell will be FDA approved in the US soon.
      Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Papilos
        • May 2014

My father is thinning at 57. He had a bad accident and works as a chemical operator. Besides him I'm the only one receding and thinning. My uncles have that thick indigenous hair lol I don't know what happened to me. I will try to post pics after work

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

My father is thinning at 57. He had a bad accident and works as a chemical operator. Besides him I'm the only one receding and thinning. My uncles have that thick indigenous hair lol I don't know what happened to me. I will try to post pics after work
          How about your mom's side of the family. What kind of hair did her father have. How about her brothers. The MPB gene can hit a man from generations back. That said, you should check other things that could be contributing to your hair loss. Bariatric surgery for instance can cause hair loss. In some men a combination of medications can cause hair loss. Stress can cause hair loss. I will take a look at your photos and give you my opinion.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
          Cole Hair Transplant
          1070 Powers Place
          Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
          Phone 678-566-1011
          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
          Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Papilos
            • May 2014

Trying to upload some pics......
            Attached Files

Comment

• Papilos
              • May 2014

More pics. I can only attach one at a time when I use my cell
              Attached Files

Comment

• Jasari
                • May 2011

Don't go near them. There is a list of approved hair transplant docs online to ensure you the best possible outcome.

If your wedding is in November there isn't much point booking in for a transplant. You'll have less than 6 months for growth so you likely won't have an improved head of hair until the new year.

From your photo's you definitely have the potential to restore your hair loss to a non balding state. My hair loss was a bit worse but now you can't tell I had any at all [I've had 4800 grafts though]. I've also had to start finasteride & minoxidil to maintain.

Comment

• Benjamin456
                  • Jan 2015

Hey same thing happened to me, did you go
                  Through with it?

Comment

• Benjamin456
                    • Jan 2015

I'm going for surgery on Friday. I'm wondering if you went through with it. If so, do you have any pictures? Also did they charge you an extra thousand for supplies? Cause I got the same quote but then they tried to jack up the price on me with the supplies cost of $1000. I don't know if that's normal or just a way to make more money.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• J_B_Davis
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Benjamin456
                      I'm going for surgery on Friday. I'm wondering if you went through with it. If so, do you have any pictures? Also did they charge you an extra thousand for supplies? Cause I got the same quote but then they tried to jack up the price on me with the supplies cost of $1000. I don't know if that's normal or just a way to make more money.

Thanks in advance.
                      Now that you have found this forum take some time to really do your research. The NeoGraft is just a tool, what matters is who is doing the surgery, both the doctor and the techs. Make sure your surgeon is in the IAHRS first and foremost, then make sure that they specialize in FUE because some doctors in the IAHRS do not. Once you figure that out, have several consultations to make sure you are making the correct decision to have surgery in the first place. Remember, no matter how it is sold to you, it IS surgery and the outcome will effect the rest of your life. Go to www.iahrs.org to start doing your research on the doctors and go here to see results of their work. https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/forumd...ended-Surgeons

Good luck!

Comment

Working...