Lack of Support - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lack of Support

Default Lack of Support

I've been thinking lately, and I really believe that at 23 years old with a shaved head, I'm on the down hill slope of giving a shit about hair loss anymore. While thinking about where I'm at and where I've been, I realized something. There is a complete lack of support in the online hair loss community. I say that with this point of view in mind-- the majority of advice you will find will be about the pills and topicals that will "fight" hair loss. When a young sufferer like myself sees my hair thinning, the first thing someone does this day in age is to hit the internet looking for support. All to find what? Nothing more than a website full of grown MEN who can't accept fate and choose to fight nature. Now let me say this, if you have successfully stopped your hair loss or reversed it all together then I applaud you, but for the most part people are just delaying the inevitable. That gives young sufferers like me the notion that, "I can fight this, I refuse to live without hair, and Get it back at all costs!"... What a crappy way of thinking. Just for one second, imagine what the world would be like if every one of us here shaved our heads and took real control of our lives in any aspect we see fit to improve and met everyone looking for advice for hair loss with the attitude of "It's perfectly normal, and you're going to be just fine!" There would be millions of people who were completely bald and completely happy. Outside of hair loss forums I've read maybe a handful of negative comments towards people with mpb. On the forums, it's a whole different story, nearly everyone's negative, hates it, you've got the whole "no one looks better with hair loss" shit, people bitching about women and so on and so forth. All this proves that we are our own worst enemy when it comes to hair loss. All I'm trying to say is, if more of us MANNED the f*** up and started acting right and letting future generations see and know that it's not that big of a deal, we'd see a big change in the depression, the negativity, and the overall happiness of men with mpb. I don't have anything against people trying to fight it, to each his own I say. But could you imagine the weight that would be lifted if we ALL quit giving a shit?! We only have one life to live guys, and a lot of you and myself included have devoted too much time of pain and suffering towards something that 1) the majority of the male population suffers from and 2) that we can do nothing about. Let's over come this shit once and for all!

The sly bald guys forum is that way ================>

I agree, but...

It is what it is.

There is no touchy feely shit we can say to each other, nobody really gives a flying **** about how we feel - nobody is going to take hair out of the judgement of how we look for us.

It just is what it is.

If you told me everything is alright and it's natural and whatever, it would be great and all, but that doesn't change the fact that I am scared as hell that I will not find a girl that takes as much care of herself as I do, just for starters. Being bald is compared to being fat for girls, which is just ****ed up. But like I said, it is what it is. You can call that shallow, but it's just true.

There is support for the hair loss community, but if you are looking for "support" as in acceptance, then this is the wrong place. I can only really think of one guy on here that is actually happy with his hair loss and if given the option would not reverse it. The majority on this forum are looking to stop or reverse their hair loss, so we already have our minds made up that we look better with hair. It is easy to say if we "manned up" then maybe future generations would see that it is not that bad, but things are not that easy. I see many guys that have accepted it and shaved their head, but giving in doesn't change the fact that they don't look as good as they did with hair. It's just the way it is.

If somehow hair wasn't such a huge deal in defining the appearance of a person, I would not care at all about hair loss.

You can't change that.

That being said, I'd much rather have no hair than a crappy transplant.

It would definitely be ideal. I started losing hair at 19 [27] & have done everything since to hide hair loss & it does 'F' your life up significantly.

Unfortunately society are the biggest detriment to that ideal. A few years back I 'manned the F up' & shaved. I kept it for over a year & didn't mind it at first. I think where everyone eventually caves [Myself included] is that the shaved head comes with a stereotype which does become tiresome when your personality just doesn't fit.

Now I can't speak for those in their 30's because obviously people mature & the percentage of people balding increase BUT to be the 21,22,23 year old who appears like the 31,32,33 year old makes you feel as though you never got to be young.

I've noticed different cultures treat it differently as well. It's a lot easier outside the city I've found & for some reason the spanish community really like the look. Not too many in Australia though.

Dude Paulygon, that looks fantastic man! Like I said to each his own, I was just speaking from a wishful thinking standpoint I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulygon View Post
    me too.. i shaved for a while.. but I'm more of a nerdy-ish business guy.. the shaved head did not match my persona.
    so i opted to save money and get a high quality HT procedure. if you look at my attached picture, you'll see that i'm way happier with hair...
    to each his own!
    I think I'm in the same boat. My hairloss was very similar to your's all but gone at the front - Crown was fine. I've had a pair of transplants & the appearance of hairloss is gone. Stuck on minoxidil & propecia though which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasari View Post
    I think I'm in the same boat. My hairloss was very similar to your's all but gone at the front - Crown was fine. I've had a pair of transplants & the appearance of hairloss is gone. Stuck on minoxidil & propecia though which is a shame.
    Jasari,

How was your donor area? Plentiful? How much, roughly, did you pay for your two procedures?

My front isn't getting better but my crown is just fine. I may need to go that route myself. Like you, I'm also on fin and minox (plus keto), most likely for life.

Appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWillis View Post
    Nothing more than a website full of grown MEN who can't accept fate and choose to fight nature.

"I can fight this, I refuse to live without hair, and Get it back at all costs!"... What a crappy way of thinking.

We only have one life to live guys
    These statements are not compatible

Hair is important because we have only 1 life. If I let nature take its course when I noticed my thinning (6 years ago) my 20s would have been a huge f*cking joke....life would have been all about distractions. TV, drugs, videogames, maybe a mediocre relationship like many guys who waste their young adult lives
    Instead I loaded up on hair meds, hid this murderous gene from the world & rode as far as I could. Took some bad risks & burned some bridges but I had to do it because hair loss put my life on a timer...however that timer would have been 1-2 years w/o meds, not 6+

Did I still get depressed during this time? F*ck yes. I am depressed right now. My life will NEVER be what it could have been w/o this disease. But at least I know what it is like to have 1 night stands, watch a woman falling for you as she looks at you, to be with girls who feel genuine attraction for you instead of just settling because you are stable/comical/have money.

These are experiences we are SUPPOSED to get in our 20s. Those of us who got hit w/ balding in our early 20s (or earlier) got a huge "f*ck you" from the universe. Nature tried to rip these things away from us before we even really got started. So I say f*ck that. We did not join BTT to learn how to give up our hair
    Fighting a losing battle is still better than surrender. If the ending is the same either way, the question is what the rest of the story will look like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    The sly bald guys forum is that way ================>