People noticing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steven42
    • Jun 2014

just shave it all off mate. if it worries you then you've got nothing to lose. Ive been searching for an answer for years and haven't found anything that even worked a little. Hope you have fun.

Comment

• rdawg
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by jackhammer199

How long has it taken your friends to get over the whole balding/bald thing? My confidence has been hit pretty hard by it, I wish I was able to just shrug off the comments and jokes but that's not really me.
      Most dont say anything, one has already started balding since about last year, he's thinning on the top and a bit at the hairline but he's not terrible(probably NW2), another guy that started around my time is now an NW5! barely has a wisp of hair on his head.

I dont think anyone cares THAT much, a lot of people have bald fathers/unlces/friends as they get older, it's a shocker in high school but im now just about to graduate from university and I'd say I know about 6-7 guys personally that are balding to some degree, back when I was 17(5 years ago) I was literally the only one.

Comment

• Trenblastoise
        • Jul 2014

4 or 5 acquaintances say things along the lines of "Wow, you're really losing your hair eh!" and "How are you losing your hair at 23??!"...
        I feel physically ill just reading this. Saying it as a "Haha" / "Sucks to be you!"-kind of way. I just want to puke.

My hair isn't really bad yet, but I don't think I want to live to much more if in additional to being male, short, and bad skin which I finally after 14 years cleared with accutane, also have to get more progressive hair loss.

It is enough, I dont need more handicap I already struggle I dont want more shit down my road I am already drowning in it.

Comment

• baldduders
          • Sep 2014

hey try to laugh about it as much as you can.. you have to wonder why you are so hurt, someone is like, dude your losing your hair ! Your like ya, i guess so.. it's kind why are you hurt by it, everyone is thinking, poor dude, losing his hair, so when someone says it don't be surprised like dude, ya i am i look in the mirror.

I used to joke about it or be frank, like for instance, but so many people jump on that for a chance to throw in the "ya i wouldn't want to date a bald guy either.. now i don't throw them an opening, so if someone says something about it I always see what is there problem...

most people that bug you about it are low self esteem people, so snap back lightly like "oh tell the bald guy" just say "said the fat women" or "said the shorty" there is always something to pick on people about, wrinkles.. you don't have to be mean but one at a time they will not have the guts to say it twice, make sure to one up them, like hey baldy, say oh ya wrinkly or what ever.. they shut up pretty quickly

Comment

• Trenblastoise
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by baldduders
            hey try to laugh about it as much as you can.. you have to wonder why you are so hurt, someone is like, dude your losing your hair ! Your like ya, i guess so.. it's kind why are you hurt by it, everyone is thinking, poor dude, losing his hair, so when someone says it don't be surprised like dude, ya i am i look in the mirror.

I used to joke about it or be frank, like for instance, but so many people jump on that for a chance to throw in the "ya i wouldn't want to date a bald guy either.. now i don't throw them an opening, so if someone says something about it I always see what is there problem...

most people that bug you about it are low self esteem people, so snap back lightly like "oh tell the bald guy" just say "said the fat women" or "said the shorty" there is always something to pick on people about, wrinkles.. you don't have to be mean but one at a time they will not have the guts to say it twice, make sure to one up them, like hey baldy, say oh ya wrinkly or what ever.. they shut up pretty quickly
            Except sometimes there is nothing to say back. I personally wouldn't mind losing hair if it did in fact not change anything.

But it certainly does, I can feel people treat me differently because I am short etc. Girls will have completely different responses to a friend of mine even if we speak the exact same words in the exact same tone. Ill face rejection for "creep" and he will come off as "flirty, and handsome".

So it is not about the look, but the consequences which most certainly are true. The worse you look, the worse the treatment you will get. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that.

A good looking guy losing his hair will become an average looking guy. An average looking guy will become a below average looking guy, and a below average looking guy will be screwed pretty much.

Just my opinion based on my experiences, and other peoples experiences.

Comment

• jackhammer199
              • Nov 2012

I can completely relate to that feeling of shame and dread walking into a barbershop...it's one of the worst parts of this whole thing, along with people's eyes occasionally glancing up to my hairline mid-conversation...it keeps happening!

The real issue here is the massive hit my confidence has taken, and continues to take when someone decides to remind me about it in the middle of a dinner party in front of 7 or 8 other people and I don't know what to say back without sounding dejected and hurt. Hairloss really can become so much more than just losing hair...it's really starting to get me down!!

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Hi, long time lurker, first real time posting...

I'm currently a Norwood 2.5 and have been slowly progressing through the scale since I was 19, I am now 23. I went for a haircut today, the same as I do every 5 or 6 weeks, and in the space of about 3 hours have had 4 or 5 acquaintances say things along the lines of "Wow, you're really losing your hair eh!" and "How are you losing your hair at 23??!"
                Classic line by ignorant privileged idiots who are the same to cast you out as a common circus freak into a gutter class of society just because you're losing your hair.

God I hate these people...

Comment

• Haircure
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by hellouser
                  Classic line by ignorant privileged idiots who are the same to cast you out as a common circus freak into a gutter class of society just because you're losing your hair.

God I hate these people...
                  O yea bald people are circus freaks....

It's amazing how just losing hair on the top of your head leads you to think that one immediately becomes a freak and socially looked down upon. Have you taken a look around where you live? I guarantee you will not go one single day without seeing someone bald, or balding. Plenty of dudes get over it or deal with it, and don't act like a whiny spoiled kid. Are you that shallow to believe bald people are the scum of society? There are always idiots out the who make fun of others for any number of reasons, just because some do doesn't automatically mean everyone else feels the same way.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                    Doctor Representative
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Haircure
                    O yea bald people are circus freaks....

It's amazing how just losing hair on the top of your head leads you to think that one immediately becomes a freak and socially looked down upon. Have you taken a look around where you live? I guarantee you will not go one single day without seeing someone bald, or balding. Plenty of dudes get over it or deal with it, and don't act like a whiny spoiled kid. Are you that shallow to believe bald people are the scum of society? There are always idiots out the who make fun of others for any number of reasons, just because some do doesn't automatically mean everyone else feels the same way.
                    When I was young I hated losing my hair. Not everyone feels that way though. According to a recent survey, women find men with good hair generally better looking and bald/balding men more masculine and dominant. I have a friend in his forties who is a slick Norwood 6 and shaves his head. This guy is more popular with women than any one I have ever known. He showed me a photo of he and his beautiful new girlfriend. He was unhappy with his appearance in the photo, not because he's bald, but because his smile revealed a space between two of his teeth on one side.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
                    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 11-10-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• losthair85
                      • Oct 2013

its remarkable to me that people fail to use propecia when they still have a chance.

I got on propecia in the dark ages in 1999. my doc didn't say anything about side effects, I didn't ask, and I really didn't have good access to internet to find anything out. all I know is that I wanted to keep my hair. I heard about propecia, and started popping it like a daily vitamin. starting the very first day i took propecia, I never looked at my hair again, after looking at it daily worrying and losing sleep for 1 year when I noticed I was losing hair in my early 20s. I stayed on propecia for 7 years.

in late 2007, I battled alcoholism, and basically lost everything. I couldn't afford propecia, ended up living on the streets for a period, was more concerned about survival and was in a daze. the amount of hair I lost in 1.5 years off propecia was stunning. I basically 'caught up' my hair loss and am now a NW 4. I got back on propecia in 2009 when I could afford it once more and got my life back in order.

the only downside of propecia is that after nearly 8 years of use, I actually started to believe that I did not suffer from MPB, so did I really need it anyways? worst mistake I made in my life. I'd do anything to rewind those 2 years.

I have to believe that not trying propecia will be the biggest life altering decision people make in their entire lives, and I am not saying that lightly.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                        • Jun 2013

Did you regain the hair you lost when you finally started taking the drug again?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by losthair85
                          I have to believe that not trying propecia will be the biggest life altering decision people make in their entire lives, and I am not saying that lightly.
                          I agree. So many people would rather roll with the anti propecia trolls then do something to help themselves.

Comment

Working...