X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericgerard
    • Jan 2014

Recent increase in minoxidil flaking

Hey guys.

I've been using minoxidil for over a month now on the top of my scalp. I almost never noticed white flakes for the first month.. but during the last few days I have white flakes just pouring off my head whenever I mess with my hair. My scalp is also a lot itchier. I understand that these white flakes are not skin, but rather the dried up bits of the solution.

What gives?
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ericgerard
    Hey guys.

I've been using minoxidil for over a month now on the top of my scalp. I almost never noticed white flakes for the first month.. but during the last few days I have white flakes just pouring off my head whenever I mess with my hair. My scalp is also a lot itchier. I understand that these white flakes are not skin, but rather the dried up bits of the solution.

What gives?
    Are you using Rogaine Foam? I have not had that issue with the foam recently. At one time, I had a flaky scalp while using Rogaine. A small amount of skin moisturizer took care of the problem. Check the label for ingredients. Some men have a reaction to propylene glycol.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...