+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Can Someone Post Some Good News Already!

Im pretty desperate for anything to look forward to.

Follica is close, don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Just hang in there.

@jgold

Right there with you. Hair is miniaturizing everywhere, very concerning.
    Have tried Propecia, just can't use the stuff.

Really hoping something like Histogen would come along as an alternative...but, I'll talk Follica and brand new hair for the win any day!

People always mention Follica. I dont want surgery to get new hair I just want to keep the hair I have safely.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Follica is close, don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Just hang in there.
    I hope you are right BoSox

I'm with ya buddy, but there's definitely more news on the way this year.

The news has been getting better every year since I've started coming on here(2012)

It's a slow industry, especially with FDA regulations and such, but I think it's clear scientists are getting closer, I think we all just want that definitive product to look forward to though.

Just try to live your life though! That's what I'm doing, I'll forget about this place for months.

sure it's still in the back of my mind, but there's no point sitting around and crying about it, I've met numerous girls that dont care as much because I have a positive/fun personality. That's the most important part of you, noone wants to be around a constantly sad person.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I'm with ya buddy, but there's definitely more news on the way this year.

The news has been getting better every year since I've started coming on here(2012)

It's a slow industry, especially with FDA regulations and such, but I think it's clear scientists are getting closer, I think we all just want that definitive product to look forward to though.

Just try to live your life though! That's what I'm doing, I'll forget about this place for months.

sure it's still in the back of my mind, but there's no point sitting around and crying about it, I've met numerous girls that dont care as much because I have a positive/fun personality. That's the most important part of you, noone wants to be around a constantly sad person.

thanks for that rdawg. not enough people on here have that attitude. How old are you? I was checking this place for a bit cause it seemed like there might be info on new stuff, but lately it just all seems silly, i think we're still really far from anything worthwhile, and balding happens so fast. better to just like your own personality and live life.

as far as gene therapy is concerned, don't count on it in our lives, they will definitely start treating things like downs syndrome, but there are so many genes implicated in baldness, it would be impossible to go in and fix it that way until the far future when everything is mapped out. and even then there will probably be a simpler stem cell solution. It's so frustrating, i really do think that the next two generations will positively be the last to have to deal with this. born too early sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    thanks for that rdawg. not enough people on here have that attitude. How old are you? I was checking this place for a bit cause it seemed like there might be info on new stuff, but lately it just all seems silly, i think we're still really far from anything worthwhile, and balding happens so fast. better to just like your own personality and live life.
    Im 22 actually, I'm a NW3, been a NW3 since about 19-20, fin slowed the process down immensley, but it has thinned slightly since.

This place has always been like this, the news usually comes in bunches, then everyone goes quiet!

I used to obsess with it a couple years ago, but really, you will find the less you care the less other people care, as long as you have an optimistic attitude.

So I just keep my hair short and clean looking as possible(sometimes I'll throw a little caboki on to spruce it up for nights out), focus on getting fit, working and building the aspects that are good about myself(I'm a solid communicator for example!) rather than focusing on my weaknesses.

If you have alot of ambition, and are a positive/fun person, girls or even people in general will go from say "he's a baldy ew"(this is extreme btw, no girl has ever directly said this to me) to "sure he's balding but hes so fun/happy/ambitious etc. that I don't care really".

And at the end of the day, every person has preferences, but almost every girl knows that confidence is the #1 thing they care about in a man.

Check up on this site from time to time for updates, there's light coming at the end of the tunnel(in a few years), but dont let it control your mind or get you depressed.

Practice this mindset enough and you will hardly care about your baldness, took me a bit of time(probably a year or two) but Im happy now!

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Im 22 actually, I'm a NW3, been a NW3 since about 19-20, fin slowed the process down immensley, but it has thinned slightly since.

This place has always been like this, the news usually comes in bunches, then everyone goes quiet!

I used to obsess with it a couple years ago, but really, you will find the less you care the less other people care, as long as you have an optimistic attitude.

So I just keep my hair short and clean looking as possible(sometimes I'll throw a little caboki on to spruce it up for nights out), focus on getting fit, working and building the aspects that are good about myself(I'm a solid communicator for example!) rather than focusing on my weaknesses.

If you have alot of ambition, and are a positive/fun person, girls or even people in general will go from say "he's a baldy ew"(this is extreme btw, no girl has ever directly said this to me) to "sure he's balding but hes so fun/happy/ambitious etc. that I don't care really".

And at the end of the day, every person has preferences, but almost every girl knows that confidence is the #1 thing they care about in a man.

Check up on this site from time to time for updates, there's light coming at the end of the tunnel(in a few years), but dont let it control your mind or get you depressed.

Practice this mindset enough and you will hardly care about your baldness, took me a bit of time(probably a year or two) but Im happy now!

this..

Quote Originally Posted by jgold View Post
    Im pretty desperate for anything to look forward to.
    Someday MPB will be cured.