+ Reply to Thread

Default Seeking advice from RU58841 users

I'm considering using RU as I'm currently using the big 3 and they're not doing too well on my hairline. Sorry if these questions have been answered in the past but I think it would be really useful to have a thread tackling some FAQs regarding RU.

I have a few queries:

- Is preparing your own RU definitely more effective than buying pre-prepared solutions? Preparing your own does not seem like a discrete process and I'm not keen for my housemates to interfere.

- What is the best vehicle to mix RU in? I've read the complete RU58841 usage guide and it recommends a mix of ethanol and PG. However, I saw somewhere else that minox might work. Alternatively, K&B solution?

- I'm only interested in applying it on my hairline so how many mg RU/ ml solution should I use daily?

- Which site is most trustworthy for purchasing RU? Kane, anagen, ru-solutions?

I'm really keen to get some answers as I'm sure other forum members are also curious.

i personally use kb solution and make weekly batches and i only apply to the hairline only. kaane and anageninc are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    i personally use kb solution and make weekly batches and i only apply to the hairline only. kaane and anageninc are the same.
    What % RU do you use? And how much do you use on your hairline every day?

Also, have you continued to use minox and why did you choose kb over ethanol? Sorry for all the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Also, have you continued to use minox and why did you choose kb over ethanol? Sorry for all the questions!
    Yes I use promox . I cannot tolerate pg it gives me snow flakes (also why I use promox)

Yes I use promox . I cannot tolerate pg it gives me snow flakes (also why I use promox)
    Struggling to comprehend why anyone uses pg then.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Struggling to comprehend why anyone uses pg then.
    Most people it doesn't bother them,

Most people it doesn't bother them,
    Still.. why risk it?

-Preparing your own solution from a cooled powder, dissolved fresh once or twice weekly into solution is definitely better than a premade solution. The molecule is more susceptible to competing inter atomic forces, such as ions in a liquid, while in solution. These contribute to the breakdown of the molecule over time. As a solid powder in cool temperatures, the molecule is in an environment with minimized inter atomic forces, lessening break down by external material, and slowing its natural intra atomic decomposition. (This is just theory from organic chemistry and is not a result of any of my own research). So basically fresh batches are better; who knows how much better and whether it really makes a huge difference, but if you want to play it safe, your best bet is fresh batches.

-I am not sure what the best vehicle would be, but the one I use is a 60/40 ethanol/pg mix. This did cause some dandruff starting out but I made sure to use a good conditioner and shampoo regularly and eventually the dandruff subsided and is now minimal, with no irritation. Your can scalp adjust its amount of oil production to a minor extent over time to compensate for its current state of oiliness/dryness. I have heard that emu oil can ease scalp irritation if it becomes a problem, though I've never used it.

-I use 2 mL of 5%, or (50 mg/mL) x (2 mL) per day, so 100 mg per day. I started at 2 mL of 2% and slowly increased until I hit 5%. I would use 1 mL a day on just the hairline, if that's your concern area, and start from 2% until you increase to 5%. So increase to 50 mg per day. If you buy 10 g that would last 200 days. I am 4 months in and so far have avoided a shed so I don't know if slowly increasing helps with reducing a shed.

- I am in the United States and use Anagen Inc, which is the same supplier as Kane, just distributed from Europe. They accept paypal which is convenient, and ship with priority mail including tracking which is also convenient. I believe they just lowered their prices, (unfortunately right after I placed an order), by quite a significant amount. 10 g is now $150, so at 50 mg per day, that is less than a dollar a day for you, excluding shipping. Also, if it makes you feel better, Anagen Inc. ships in a cardboard envelope, via the USPS (if in the United States), or your country's postal service, and is discrete about the envelope's contents.