+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Does one really need gear(roids) to get that lean?

I thought cutting hard can get you abs....
    It depends, very skinny people will have their "6 pack" showing without lifting a finger because they naturally have very little body fat.

People like me have some body fat in their lower belly that will never ever go away, I already weigh 73 kg for 190 cm. No amount of weight loss is going to make that fat go away.

Others, keep living in your broscience fairy tales. I know people like to believe something even if there is actually no evidence supporting their claims. Everyone here who has the so-called 6-pack had it naturally. Read the posts above. And for the guys showing off their regimens, thank you for proving my point: eating like an orthorexic and for 3 people, protein shakes, all those things sound really natural. It makes me mad because people around me tend to believe this nonsense too, and they will pick on me when we go to the beach, on something I have absolutely no control over. It reminds me of another condition...

Honestly, there is a certain type of girl who is into that, mostly very young and somewhat unsophisticated women. But most women I know immediately call a guy "douchey" if he's too cut. The guy is perceived as being shallow and ultra focused on his physique when he should be thinking about his career, the hobbies that make him interesting, etc. Its the male equivalent of the girl with fake boobs, spray tan, bleach blonde, etc. In reality, it's more of the male ideal of what is attractive than what females want.

Anyway, I can tell you this - I get WAY more women now in my mid 30's than I ever did in my mid 20's when I was obsessed with my abs and biceps. I'm still fit, but not "cut." I do, however, have money now, I've traveled a lot, I've read a lot, I have some interesting hobbies. Women eat it up. If you're young and losing your hair, focus on those things and I promise that it will become less and less of an issue for you as you get older. Women will not care what your abs look like if you're dumb, poor, or uninteresting, and the vast majority will not care what your hair looks like if you're intelligent, successful, and have good stories to tell them.

I don't see how diet and exercise is unnatural, and protein shakes are just a diet supplement its not like gear at all.

Flight, if you train hard, diet correctly, and supplement your diet with a protein shake, you can sport a solid six pack. In my opinion, this is natural. And in answer to your original question, yes I do think a solid 6 pack will make up for being an advanced NW7.

Ultimately though, focus on your career. That does need to be your top priority. I don't see why staying in great shape can't qualify as your interesting hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I don't see how diet and exercise is unnatural, and protein shakes are just a diet supplement its not like gear at all.

Flight, if you train hard, diet correctly, and supplement your diet with a protein shake, you can sport a solid six pack. In my opinion, this is natural. And in answer to your original question, yes I do think a solid 6 pack will make up for being an advanced NW7.

Ultimately though, focus on your career. That does need to be your top priority. I don't see why staying in great shape can't qualify as your interesting hobby.
    Maybe you're young or just have great genetics, but once you hit your mid 30's sporting shredded abs becomes at least a part time job. I eat tons of lean protein, supplement with shakes, do hard cardio several times a week, and do yoga almost every day. I'd have to spend hours more in the gym to get rock hard abs at this point, and why would I do that when I could use that time to make money or travel and hook up with hot foreign women. Enjoy your hours spent with the bros in the gym, I've got other things on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    This is a serious question.

I know that some of those on this forum feel a great body makes up for severe hair loss. Others don't.

I am still on the fence.

I hear women love 6-pack abs on a man. Can this give a Norwood 7 a chance?

I hope so....
    Yes, it's not only looks but how you feel. I'd say 70% of the guys (late 20s or older) I trail run with or mountain bike with have shaved heads. Usually those are the guys with the fittest/best wifes. six packs are extremely hard to get. If you get a six pack the rest of your body is solid. Nutrition is 90% of it.

You don't need a gym to get a six pack. Find some new hobbies.

I am 24 and I have good genetics minus crap hair genetics. Take my advice for what its worth Flight, but it can't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    Anyway, I can tell you this - I get WAY more women now in my mid 30's than I ever did in my mid 20's when I was obsessed with my abs and biceps. I'm still fit, but not "cut." I do, however, have money now, I've traveled a lot, I've read a lot, I have some interesting hobbies. Women eat it up. If you're young and losing your hair, focus on those things and I promise that it will become less and less of an issue for you as you get older. Women will not care what your abs look like if you're dumb, poor, or uninteresting, and the vast majority will not care what your hair looks like if you're intelligent, successful, and have good stories to tell them.
    This guy knows what he's talking about. That's what we should shoot for. I'm not here to brag, but I've had a lot of success with the ladies recently. Yet I almost don't exercise at all (I just move a lot, I don't stay at home doing nothing), I'm frail, and most importantly I'm bald.

Why? Because I mostly follow the advices ryan gave. Become interesting, it will do you way more good if you want to make up for your lack of hair.

I have some questions to guys who shoot for the 6-pack thing: are you bald? What is your success with women like? And what kind of women do you attract with that?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    This guy knows what he's talking about. That's what we should shoot for. I'm not here to brag, but I've had a lot of success with the ladies recently. Yet I almost don't exercise at all (I just move a lot, I don't stay at home doing nothing), I'm frail, and most importantly I'm bald.

Why? Because I mostly follow the advices ryan gave. Become interesting, it will do you way more good if you want to make up for your lack of hair.

I have some questions to guys who shoot for the 6-pack thing: are you bald? What is your success with women like? And what kind of women do you attract with that?
    I usually agree with the things you say on these forums but, I really think you're just off the mark here.

I think you're being a little bit aggressive here because your body genetics don't support something, and you've decided to just accept it like that. Which is fine, you've made your success elsewhere obviously?

I definitely was lucky with my body genetics, and I try to exploit them by working out while I still have the time in my life to do that (i'm 22...) I really enjoy the time in the gym too as it's a personal competition for me. I eat a lot, and whatever I want really. I just don't eat snack foods really at all because they don't really do anything for me and they are just junk foods really..

I'm far from some sort of meat head... For me, I know I can get some attention by building my body up - i have a large frame. Also, I look strange and lanky if I don't. I'm tall. It's not something I depend on, but I know it's a better look for me that I can reasonably attain. I definitely look natural - I don't look like a bursting sausage in a tight tshirt lathered in body oil and tanning spray, whatever.

I don't think this thread necessarily has to turn into a dick measuring thread, obviously everyone figures out what they have to do to maximize their own value. It's different for people at different stages of their different lives, different etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

Nothing to do with women. unless you've had a good pump, seen results, or walk into a room and people notice your body vs balding head you'll never under stand. You gain confidence. Add being interesting, you'll crush any women, job, social life you want.

Yesterday I had a girl ask me if I've done steroids (answer is no) Thank god she didn't tell me to use Rogaine (which I use).

Why is everybody here so obsessed with attracting girls. It seems like its the sole purpose of your life. Pathetic, isn't it?