Threaded View

Default Your washing and fap habits? personal experiment starting

It took me almost 10 years to notice something that should've been obvious. Since 16, I started washing my hair more frequently. The more i washed it, the more greasy it got. It would appear that's how scalp oil production works. It produces back that which you strip away. By 17, i started losing hair. Nowadays my DSLaboratories treatment (shampoo+ conditioner) is supposed to be used daily. I'm losing more hair than i used to.

I've started doing some research on no shampoo and the more i read, the more sense it makes. Up until 70-90 years ago, people rarely washed their hair. It was usually once a week. But they did comb the hair, which means the oil on the scalp is applied to the whole hair length.

You can google "no shampoo", you will get many stories about it, including a test made in Australia by a radio anchor. This is the wiki page for starters: ">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_poo

My question is, could you think when did you change your washing habits, by how much, and how did the hair loss respond? How much do you leave the shampoo on? When did your hair loss start in the first place? Did you even change washing habits at all? Is it warm or cold water you use to wash the hair? I am aware the current correlation is "you have to wash greasy hair, because it's unhealthy otherwise", but i just think we're the ones disrupting a good system in the first place. I would also expect bald people to be washing/shaving their scalp daily, which if my theory is correct, would condemn them to "forever bald". And balding people washing hair more because hair thinning is more noticeable when hair is not washed. There's also that thing with homeless people not going bald that got me thinking too, they don't wash their hair either.

I know this is a delicate subject, but i'd also want to ask about your masturbation habits, if you would be so kind to answer.

I am 27 years old, as I mentioned earlier i started losing some hair by 17, it got worse over time, I initially wanted to use propecia at 23 but decided i don't want to risk my hormonal balance. I used minoxidil at 25 and had good results after 3 months, but i keep getting random arrhythmias on it, so i really want to use it as a last resort option only (if that). Also, my hair loss gets extremely bad if i go on masturbation binges ( some days i do 2-4). Nofap appeared to help every time i managed to stay clean for at least a month. So i will start doing that again too.

My plan for minimum 3 to 6 months is:

- stop using shampoo entirely, only wash hair with coldish water every 3-4 days and [i have yet to decide if on each 7th day use baking soda soap or diluted solution and then rinse with vinegar].
    - not masturbate/fantasize, only sex 1-4 times/week.
    - brushing hair once, max twice daily
    - lukewarm first, finishing in cold water showers.
    - generic vitamin complex, which i used before
    - no hairgrowth medication
    - exercise 3 times/week, 10 minutes meditation daily, stretching daily

http://imgur.com/a/MruGk#0

I went for a checkup to confirm MPB and get detailed scalp pictures, which should be available in a couple of days. I also have the official papers confirming MPB and seborrheic dermatitis (which is basically oily scalp+dandruff). The same clinic diagnosed me 2 years ago and I also have access to those records and pictures (pretty much the same as now, but more hair back then)

I will also check the link between gluten sensitivity and itchy scalp/dandruff ( http://celiacdisease.about.com...A-Gluten-Allergy_3.htm ). I will probably switch between gluten and non gluten to check when and if itchiness comes back. I will try to explain the reasoning in later posts.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Obviously if you wish to join in on the test, you're more than welcome.

I plan to do a survery on washing habits, but i first need to figure out the exact questions to be asking. I will make a new topic for that one and i hope you could help on that.