+ Reply to Thread
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Default Why wait around for the crown...

Why wait to treat the crown…

Certainly, individuals who desire to treat this area are as young as thirty and can be as old as seventy. No crystal ball is at our disposal when we approach corrective measures at the time when significant recession becomes evident in the crown. The crown a.k.a. ‘the black hole’ is far from simple in regard to its natural design. The constant varying angles contained within the whorl offers no consistency in coverage despite the relatively small area that it seems to measure. Those in pursuit of restoring such an area should realize that the crown is really a difficult region to treat mostly because the hair grows in multiple directions at once; there's no shingling effect in this area like the other areas of the scalp. Crowns are most notorious for consumption of hair grafts and display no regard for any patient’s age or background. Achieving density is essentially an attempt to create an illusion of fullness when the hair in an area has no consistent grade. The orientation of the crown is perhaps the reason why it mostly consumes far more grafts than most individuals realize. The crown will usually be the absolute most difficult region on the scalp to restore so conservation of donor resources is paramount in consideration of future loss.

After a crown is aggressively treated, the undesirable effects of progressive hair loss fail to yield to the treated areas. Some hair loss sufferers will even be so unfortunate enough to have a double whorl in this particular region. Those hair loss sufferers can only wish to confine the expansion of the receding perimeter. Almost always, the individual will continue to battle the worst of the recession if they are fortunate enough to still have resources remaining to add half of the density that is visible in the surrounding region. An improvement can be noticeable if about half of the density of the surrounding area can be achieved.

If an average male has about 6500 follicular units available in their donor supply, conservative restoration is without a doubt an ethical approach. If hair loss is comparable to a great fall, then slowing the rate of the descent is merely the most important aspect of saving what soon may be permanently lost. Keeping a controlled fall is achievable by administration of medical therapy, anagen stimulation, and efficient management of donor resources. Those who don’t make these basic considerations might eventually see the fall in a catastrophic fashion where an abrupt plunge leaves them victim to the limitations of body hair. Body hair is less ideal when compared to scalp hair simply due to the fact that it’s far less predictable in terms of growth and yield. This is the risk that individuals take when they attempt to treat the crown in one session in lieu of an effective regimen for long-term treatment.

Waiting to surgically treat the crown to a certain extent and focusing on the front can afford an individual time to effectively manage the progression of their hair loss. As surgical hair restoration patients, individuals should concert all efforts to maintain awareness of what happens on their scalp.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux