+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Micro Dosing Finasteride, mix with Ethanol?

I want to micro-dose is because it seems that after 0.05mg, the results are almost the same. I can post a link to the study if the moderators allow it.
    I think this is a safe approach for someone in the earlier phases to be able to test it out and see his personal measure of the side-effects.

If I have a 5mg generic Finasteride pill, how would I split that into that many pieces? Is the medication evenly distributed in the pill?

Question 1: I have read that it might be soluble in ethanol, so if I dissolve a pill into Everclear, will the pill be preserved (or will it start losing it's effectiveness/potency. since even Everclear is only 95 alcohol%).

Question 2: What about creating a powder and mixing it with sugar or salt?

Ideally, I want to get a 0.1mg of the medication and take it everday. I just need to know how to dissolve the pill into the solvent, and also find out whether the pill is still preserved or if it starts losing potency.

Thanks!

Bump.. Does anyone have any input they can offer about micro-dosing and/or mixing with everclear for an oral (not topical) ingestion?
    Thanks!

Default Is ANYTHING effective at maintaining the hairline?

Also interested in this.

If you are going to micro dose, I don't see why you would do anything other than just cut the pills up. Why are you planning on mixing it with ethanol or sugar or salt or whatever? If you are concerned that the pills will lose effectiveness they will not I assure you. I cut a months worth of 5 mg pills in 4ths all at one time every time I pick them up at the pharmacy and they do not lose their effectiveness at all the whole month. I have the pics to prove it in a previous thread I started. I get why you want to micro dose Fin but I don't see any reason to get this creative about it.

Try it and see. You can always get a DHT test before and after to see if it's working. Although, if the side effects are caused by lowering DHT, does it really matter if you drop in with 1 mg or .05 mg? Lower DHT is lower DHT.

Are you talking about ingesting or topical?

Because putting that much alcohol on your hair would be damaging.

Also you'd be basically taking a shot every day ingesting it, lol.

Mike and Ryan-
    I want to take a 0.1 mg dose, everyday. It lowers dht by about 60% or so as the 1 mg which, being between a Norwood 2 and 3, I think is a good way to rest the waters and mitigate side effects.
    I don't know the rules of posting links but there are plenty of studies with such a low dose of Fin.
    Obviously I can't cut a pill into 50 pieces but if I dissolve it in 50 mL of ever clear then I can't take a 1ml shot everyday from a dropper. Obviously the question is will the Fin maintain its potency in the everclear.

I see. Well it sounds like a good idea then. Give it a shot, take pics, let us know what happens. Hell, if this works great for you I might give it a shot.

I'm not sure how much I trust those studies saying a lower dose is almost as effective though. There is a lot of evidence in support of taking Fin every other day and I tried it and it was a disaster. I'm not trying to stop you, I'm just throwing that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ice786 View Post
    Mike and Ryan-
    I want to take a 0.1 mg dose, everyday. It lowers dht by about 60% or so as the 1 mg which, being between a Norwood 2 and 3, I think is a good way to rest the waters and mitigate side effects.
    I don't know the rules of posting links but there are plenty of studies with such a low dose of Fin.
    Obviously I can't cut a pill into 50 pieces but if I dissolve it in 50 mL of ever clear then I can't take a 1ml shot everyday from a dropper. Obviously the question is will the Fin maintain its potency in the everclear.
    You can definitely do this. The pills will dissolve well in ethanol. Take a 1 mg pill, put it in exactly 100 ml of ethanol (you can get those bottles at the Container Store for a buck or two), and let it dissolve. Then use a dropper to measure - every ml will contain .01 mg of finasteride. You can actually dose yourself up 1/100 of a mg at a time if you're worried about sides. It's actually not a terrible idea. You probably won't get as good of results as if you take the whole pill, but maybe you can at least halt your hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    You can definitely do this. The pills will dissolve well in ethanol. Take a 1 mg pill, put it in exactly 100 ml of ethanol (you can get those bottles at the Container Store for a buck or two), and let it dissolve. Then use a dropper to measure - every ml will contain .01 mg of finasteride. You can actually dose yourself up 1/100 of a mg at a time if you're worried about sides. It's actually not a terrible idea. You probably won't get as good of results as if you take the whole pill, but maybe you can at least halt your hairloss.
    That sounds great, but I'd rather use Everxlear since it was actually meant for human consumption unlike lab-grade or commercial use ethanol. And that is were the concern was: since everclear is only 95%, will the other 5% start to degrade or decompose the Fin?