+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default BioD Amniogenix stem cells and PRP

any body heard of it ? it is like ACell+PRP but Acell is replaced with stem cells from amniotic fluid. also autologous fat stem cells anybody has more info on those.

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    any body heard of it ? it is like ACell+PRP but Acell is replaced with stem cells from amniotic fluid. also autologous fat stem cells anybody has more info on those.

This is the first I've heard of it. Has it been tried for hair growth?

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    I think I have an suspect that it is being trialled at a UK clinic during this year. Do you have any more info on it?

BioD, Dr.bauman is the first to use it. it was featured on T.V. here is a link http://www.baumanmedical.com/Default.aspx?tabid=170. for the fat stem cells, I saw one clinic in boston doing it however there are no pictures. ziering medical website says coming soon for fat stem cells. I want to have stem cell injection but I dont wanna do the Acell+prp to find out later that those options are better

I know people shit on PRP treatment constantly but I've been getting it done regularly for almost four years with Dr Greco in Florida, and I really think it works. I have recently had miniaturization evaluated and things look better now than they did three years ago and I am not on any other treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    I know people shit on PRP treatment constantly but I've been getting it done regularly for almost four years with Dr Greco in Florida, and I really think it works. I have recently had miniaturization evaluated and things look better now than they did three years ago and I am not on any other treatments.
    Any idea why it works for some and not at all for others?

I mean, propecia works for most

Whereas PRP really is black & white.

Perhaps it's far better if you haven't already lost much hair ? (Not sure what your hair is like)

A few things:

- yes I think it works better for existing hair. I have a lot of hair and it definitely thickened it up. It probably does not grow hair on a bald scalp.

- I think you have to really keep up with it, like treatments 2-3 times a year, as the results seem to improve with time. I don't think many people do that.

- not all prp is the same. I think a lot of docs jumped on the bandwagon without really knowing what they were doing.

A few things:

- yes I think it works better for existing hair. I have a lot of hair and it definitely thickened it up. It probably does not grow hair on a bald scalp.

- I think you have to really keep up with it, like treatments 2-3 times a year, as the results seem to improve with time. I don't think many people do that.

- not all prp is the same. I think a lot of docs jumped on the bandwagon without really knowing what they were doing.
    Thanks.

So it's the only treatment you've been on for a few years , and your hair has actually improved over that period?

I've been interested in it for some time, but I live in the UK and can't actually find any place that does PRP. Which is strange, because you'd think there'd at least be some spinsters doing it just to make a quick buck.

How much does it cost you ?

Thx

Granted I have only done PRP once, but I also went to Dr. Greco here in FL. I noticed zero change in hair thickness or growth. Quite frankly, for a $1000 I didn't see anything remotely result from this procedure that would justify shelling out another $1000 for continued treatment.

My opinion, I think it's a scam, but I was desperate. To each their own. I had full coverage and wanted more density, it did nothing of the sort. Nothing to see here folks.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Granted I have only done PRP once, but I also went to Dr. Greco here in FL. I noticed zero change in hair thickness or growth. Quite frankly, for a $1000 I didn't see anything remotely result from this procedure that would justify shelling out another $1000 for continued treatment.

My opinion, I think it's a scam, but I was desperate. To each their own. I had full coverage and wanted more density, it did nothing of the sort. Nothing to see here folks.
    Yeh I read a lot of people saying same thing as you. Trouble is, maybe it does require multiple treatments over a year or 2 (propecia takes some time to show results).

However, if they are charging $1k each time, it's asking a lot. Why do they charge so much? From my understanding, it's a relatively quick and easy procedure.