+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To Dr. Feller

Default To Dr. Feller

Dear Dr. Feller

I had a transplant procedure by you on June 25th 2007 (4085 grafts) the results of which have been amazing and I can't thank you or your staff enough.

I do have an issue that I'd like to bring to your attention. I called your office last week to have my Propecia prescription renewed and was told that you wouldn't be able to renew for reasons that I understand. However, I just started a new job and unfortunately I can't take time off yet to visit a primary care physician to talk about Propecia. Would it be possible for you to Ok a 30 day refill? I will be able after that time to get to a PCP. I would also like to schedule an appointment around that same time to come by your office to show you the final results of my HT.

Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

Hey Paul, good to hear from you and glad you are doing well! I will draw the docs attention to your post to see if he can help mate

PCP is "angel dust" - PCP is a dissociative drug, which means that the mind feels separated from the
    body.

I think you mean PRP -

I think he meant PCP as in, Primary Care Physician

thanks Spex

Quote Originally Posted by paulnyc View Post
    Dear Dr. Feller

I had a transplant procedure by you on June 25th 2007 (4085 grafts) the results of which have been amazing and I can't thank you or your staff enough.

I do have an issue that I'd like to bring to your attention. I called your office last week to have my Propecia prescription renewed and was told that you wouldn't be able to renew for reasons that I understand. However, I just started a new job and unfortunately I can't take time off yet to visit a primary care physician to talk about Propecia. Would it be possible for you to Ok a 30 day refill? I will be able after that time to get to a PCP. I would also like to schedule an appointment around that same time to come by your office to show you the final results of my HT.

Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

Paul,
    may I ask if you had the strip surgery..?

Im thin on the vertex and only want to do FUE, I have planned a consultation with Dr Feller.

may I ask how long you were out of commission for after surgery, etc..and if you had strip, how was it? and how long till you started to see results etc..

Thumbs up

If Feller’s prescribing PCP I’m in!!!

Dear Keep My Hair

Yes, I had the strip procedure. You are definitely making a wise decision in consulting with Dr. Feller and if you choose him as your surgeon you will be happy with the result.

By "out of commission" what do you mean? Its best to take it easy for a few days after the procedure (at least that was the case with the large strip procedure I had) and is probably a good idea for FUE as well. But generally I was able to resume normal activities within a week.

The results come in very gradually. For me, the key period was from 3 months to 6 months. at 3 months, its like you have a short buzzcut, then the hair grows as it would normally until that 6 month or so time when you will notice a cosmetically pleasing result...from then on, the hair thickens for another 6 months to a year until the final result is established..at least that was my experience.

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by paulnyc View Post
    Dear Keep My Hair

Yes, I had the strip procedure. You are definitely making a wise decision in consulting with Dr. Feller and if you choose him as your surgeon you will be happy with the result.

By "out of commission" what do you mean? Its best to take it easy for a few days after the procedure (at least that was the case with the large strip procedure I had) and is probably a good idea for FUE as well. But generally I was able to resume normal activities within a week.

The results come in very gradually. For me, the key period was from 3 months to 6 months. at 3 months, its like you have a short buzzcut, then the hair grows as it would normally until that 6 month or so time when you will notice a cosmetically pleasing result...from then on, the hair thickens for another 6 months to a year until the final result is established..at least that was my experience.

Best of luck
    Thank You Paul...

I appreciate you taking the time to respond...

and CONGRATS to you!!!

ENJOY!

Dr. Feller

Could you please respond?

Thank You

Dr. Feller,

I certainly agree with your points, the only problem was that your office cut off my prescription (after 2+ years of no problems getting renewals) without warning leaving me with no pills and no renewal. I have no issue coming to visit you for follow up, photos and a blood test but as stated I just started a new job and time off is not available to me yet hence my request for a 30 day supply. I spoke with Suzy over email today and based on that conversation I understand the 30 days has been approved. I will have my pharmacy call your office in the morning.

Thanks