+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I hate to say it but it's like saying embrace being fat. The black thing is not related at all though. Completely
    separate issue

I had the exact same experience as the OP. I did not notice side effects during the 12 years I was on Fin, but soon after I stopped my erections became undoubtedly stronger and my morning erections returned. My girlfriend at the time who did not even know I was taking it made many comments about it as well, so I know it was real and fairly substantial. I also saw a significant increase in body hair and a thicker beard within the first three months off the drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Mribby1 View Post
    I hate to say it but it's like saying embrace being fat. The black thing is not related at all though. Completely
    separate issue
    Wrong, entirely.

Being fat is a character issue...you can get in shape. You're not born fat. You're fat because you eat what you want and you don't exercise.

Being black in the 50s is related to being bald in that they're both immutable characteristics that people have deemed inferior. Being black or bald has nothing necessarily to do with what kind of person you are, but people marginalize you because of their own shallow issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    I had the exact same experience as the OP. I did not notice side effects during the 12 years I was on Fin, but soon after I stopped my erections became undoubtedly stronger and my morning erections returned. My girlfriend at the time who did not even know I was taking it made many comments about it as well, so I know it was real and fairly substantial. I also saw a significant increase in body hair and a thicker beard within the first three months off the drug.
    This is exactly what I'd expect would happen if you reduced your strongest sex hormone by 60percent.

You can live a normal life bald. Whilst you were treated as subhuman being black in the 50s. No one is going to torture you like Emmet Till or hang you from a tree for being bald. As you see in terms of marginalisation there is no comparison that is appropriate to even suggest. With the fat thing I meant as in society doesn't find fat attractive neither does it find baldness as it shows age etc. It's just one of those things that isn't going to change any time soon. Paticularly with the obsession with youth and beauty which we all are guilty of.

Oh for Christ's sake, bro. Don't take it so literally. There is no perfect comparison because it is its own entity. No one's gonna call the PC police, you can calm down.

Did you start taking finasteride again? Any issues with restarting? If so what dose, etc. Details

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    Being black in the 50s is related to being bald in that they're both immutable characteristics that people have deemed inferior. Being black or bald has nothing necessarily to do with what kind of person you are, but people marginalize you because of their own shallow issue.
    Black guy here, terrible comparison there. Also, I think you should reevaluate whether you are using immutable correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    Did you ever start taking finasteride again?

I've been taking Finasteride (1mg daily) for over 10 years without a layoff. My results were great. My hairline filled, top slick patch smaller and overall thicker. I experienced the usual sides in addition to losing pretty much all of my body hair including beard thinning, underarm thinning, chest, stomach, etc. (It's all androgen hair- from legs to beard.) I also experienced gradual muscle loss. Before taking Fin, it was so easy to gain muscle from working-out, but now it's very difficult. (Total & Free T and DHEA are in normal range and I'm 50.)

As a result, in the last 2-4 years I've slowly weaned my dose from daily to .75mg twice a week because I really would like to get off of it eventually. Sure I lost a some ground but this DHT blocker really chisels at everything man little by little.

As I'm weaning off Fin I really would like to get on some topicals.. I JUST started Minoxidil 5% YESTERDAY (as per hellouser's suggestion) and in time, I want to start RU if it's not too systemic. What other topicals are REALLY worth looking at that REALLY work? Thx.