+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pretty much the same, side effects wise nothing. hair looks amazing. I've gone from a norwood 2 to a 1.5 in a year or so. I only was really receding but my hair quality has gone up i'm sure. I have some stubborn miniaturisation on the hairline towards the left temple which is evident in the second photo. Although it's nothing i've been using that tiny bit of miniaturization almost as a vantage point. I've watched it sort of slowly gain back some life and i just have been using that to measure the progress. of my reversing some of the thinning. When i started fin my hairline was covered with these scraggly miniaturized hair but now it's all pretty much thickened up. I try not to post too many pictures of my hair in order to avoid the "Oh you're not even balding conversation". In regards to starting again, it's you're choice and it probably won't hurt to have a doctor monitor you. Since you had side effects. A lower dosage may help, however you don't need my advice you've been a long term user, much longer than me i'm sure you know the drill.

As a 19 year old, your testosterone levels are raging. Hence, you have a lot of leeway as far as reducing serum DHT (which is the most potent sex hormone in the male body) without experiencing a reduction in expression of androgenic attributes.

The fact is, finastride reduces serum DHT levels by up to 60percent. That is simply unnatural. The only reason some men don't go bald is that their scalp lacks DHT receptors. They still will have roughly the same serum DHT levels as a bald man. If someone took finastride for ten years, it is absolutely reasonable to believe there would be an effect on androgenic attributes, especially when considering natural declines in testosterone production as a part of the aging process.

Also, what are you even doing here, mribby1? Your hair is completely solid. There are people here who are actually balding.

Thank you I'm glad you think that, to me it shows that being on fin/niz for a year is working, regained temple hair etc. I only come back here because the topic of hair loss is interesting and i like to see what's going on in this world. Baldness does run on both sides of my family and my hairline slowly eroded from 16. I was a solid nw2 last June currently i'm well above baseline i actually wish i could show you but i had my phone stolen a few months back hence baseline pictures were lost .

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    As a 19 year old, your testosterone levels are raging. Hence, you have a lot of leeway as far as reducing serum DHT (which is the most potent sex hormone in the male body) without experiencing a reduction in expression of androgenic attributes.

The fact is, finastride reduces serum DHT levels by up to 60percent. That is simply unnatural. The only reason some men don't go bald is that their scalp lacks DHT receptors. They still will have roughly the same serum DHT levels as a bald man. If someone took finastride for ten years, it is absolutely reasonable to believe there would be an effect on androgenic attributes, especially when considering natural declines in testosterone production as a part of the aging process.

Also, what are you even doing here, mribby1? Your hair is completely solid. There are people here who are actually balding.
    Sorry but you aren't a doctor and there are plenty of people who have been on fin a long time and doing well on it.

Honestly getting quite of sick of the "internet doctors" on this board and elsewhere scaring people into stopping the only fda approved drug for hair loss.

Insanity at it's finest.

Good posts ribby. I have stopped reading hair loss forums for the most part because of all the crap that gets spewed on them by people who have no frigging clue what they are talking about.

It used to be a great tool for research and now it's just filled with a bunch of crap. The brain is a powerful tool and people now blame everything wrong with their life on fin. It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    The brain is a powerful tool and people now blame everything wrong with their life on fin. It's crazy.
    Kinda like blaming all your problems on baldness?

You don't have to be a doctor to put 2 and 2 together. Why would you want to cut your DHT levels in half? It's like chemotherapy for your follicles. Have fun!

The fin debate is pretty old. Here is my last cent into this. There's documented and anecdotal evidence on one side and then there is opinion on the other.

Well whatevers clever. Enjoy being on drugs!

Sigh you breathe in and eat worse things. How do those fruits you buy get preserved? We could actually be here all day but seriously I've seen your other posts on here I agree with your stance on balding and accepting it and owning it. I think you're one of the few who have looking at a picture you posted Good on you for that

It would just be so glorious if bald guys stepped up and owned it. But everyone here seems so terrified of having to be labeled as "bald" that they all want to run and hide. That ends up making it worse for those of us trying to be kickass bald guys. It would almost be like a black guy in the 60s getting surgery to become white instead of owning his blackness. It would have set the movement behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    It would just be so glorious if bald guys stepped up and owned it. But everyone here seems so terrified of having to be labeled as "bald" that they all want to run and hide. That ends up making it worse for those of us trying to be kickass bald guys. It would almost be like a black guy in the 60s getting surgery to become white instead of owning his blackness. It would have set the movement behind.
    did you just compare baldness vs non baldness to being black vs being white??