Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

10's of thousands of women use temporary ink for make-up purposes all the time. eyeliner, lipstick effects, lip outlining.... I could not find one cancer connection between the two.

Making connections to cancer and products, habits, environments, etc can sometimes take 50 years or more. With tobacco I think I remember the figure being around 75 years or so before they thought maybe and then knowing for sure and meanwhile the industry replied..............prove it..............

Cells phones will be the same. I see it now with cancers along the jaw bone, salivary gland...........Sheryl Crow's brain cancer etc..................many other cases but most will just dismiss it and that becomes a personal decision.

The only person that can protect you from those selling products that might cause harm is oneself. I read the Acell employee board and they were laughing about what they were doing and saying..................maybe no one was harmed but unfortunately this is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    10's of thousands of women use temporary ink for make-up purposes all the time. eyeliner, lipstick effects, lip outlining.... I could not find one cancer connection between the two.
    I agree, actually, cosmetic tattooing of the eyebrows goes deeper into the dermis then SMP and uses an actual ink, not a pigment, a common misconception by the SMP naysayers.

At 55 years old....and three years in with smp....I have say your wrong and smp rocks! There is no problems and it looks awesome. It didn't hurt at all for me...although some people mention some pain....

I always joke around and say after 20 years of marriage I'm oblivious to pain...

Smp is not for everyone and for those that want long flowing locks of hair...I totally understand the hair transplant route.

I decided it wasn't for me back in 2010 while searching and after meeting three well respected hair transplant surgeons in the tri state area...they were very nice and took the time to consult with me. I understand the value they represent.

That said...smp has been an excellent path for many to follow. Myself included.

Just the other side of the coin and if the smp look doesn't serve you...I totally get that too.

Quote Originally Posted by grincher View Post
    Personally, SMP would rank a long long long way last when compared to a hair system or hair transplant in the pecking order.

Cost, pain and the skinhead look for the foreseeable future does nothing for me.

Of course, others are happy with it, but surely anyone going down this road needs to take a hard long look.

How can SMP be good when it looks so fake. The only way it can work is that if you already have some thin hair. Then you could put the dots in between those hairs, and people wouldn't notice it, and when touching your head, they would feel hair. On the other hand, if you are slick bald, it looks way too obviously fake.

If you don't want to believe it...then don't believe it...

For those that want to see smp in real life...buy me a cup of coffee and see for yourself.

I have the before and after photos for you to see as well.

These guys who say it's no good...never even met a person with this smp...

I challenge any of you naysayers to meet up and give your honest opinion. I think you'd change your tune...

Hair transplants are cool if you want flowing hair but if you want this clean crisp look...go for smp...

I can't waste my time typing this back and forth stuff with people who don't have or even want smp....

For those that are interested....meet someone with smp done and decide for yourself.

Best answer...is the real world and not an interweb forum ...

If your really thinking about it as a solution for you....that's the best path.

You'll know right away what's the answer for you.

Default Actually, SMP is best suited for people with less hair, who shave it.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    How can SMP be good when it looks so fake. The only way it can work is that if you already have some thin hair. Then you could put the dots in between those hairs, and people wouldn't notice it, and when touching your head, they would feel hair. On the other hand, if you are slick bald, it looks way too obviously fake.
    I would stick to my shaved head look any day of the week then wind up with the results of the photos I posted. Those men wind up shaving their heads, and getting SMP to cover the damage that Hair Transplant Doctor's inflict.

You say SMP looks fake? Well so does the row of pluggy doll hair in transplants.
    Attached Images

Yeah right. Because all hair transplants look like that.

Here's mine so far: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

At least a well done hair transplant will never be as ridiculous as having hair drawn on your scalp.

I will at least have real hair growing out of my once-bald NW5 area. And for the same price-range as SMP.

I said it before, SMP (on its own) is just not a viable solution for hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

At least a well done hair transplant will never be as ridiculous as having hair drawn on your scalp.

I will at least have real hair growing out of my once-bald NW5 area. And for the same price-range as SMP.

You got your hair transplant and your happy so why come into a thread about something you haven't seen in person? I don't see the value degrading something you have to seen first hand.

I'm sure there are many hacks doing hair transplants and good doctors..and that's why these forums are so valuable. I'm grateful for the people steering me towards wonderful and reputable hair transplant doctors and away from the hacks.

I had the consultations and even though I didn't go with them...I felt they were being honest in their assessments...

I chose the best smp guy (Matt) once I decided that was the route for me...

All kidding aside...just as your hair transplant makes you happy and look good..

This smp from HIS did an awesome job...

My hair isn't growing like your hair transplant but it looks every bit as real.

Let's not argue ...let's agree to disagree....and for those thinking of smp....meet up and see for yourself...you ll know right away if it's for you...

That's my best advice.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

Sorry, but I am truly saddened that you had to go through that much trauma to your scalp only to have minimal hair growth results. Here is a quote from someone on another website who had a FUE procedure and is now regretting it and considering SMP.

"About 2 years ago I had a 1000 graft neograft procedure done to my hairline. I didn't do my research and just jumped into. The transplanted hair did grow but my forelock started to thin so I have been buzzing my hair down. I like the look of my buzzed hair I just want to cover up the fue scars created by the neograft. Also I have been on rogaine foam for 1 and a half years and propecia for a little over a year."

SMP does not look fake. If done properly, it is undetectable. I have been hatless after one session which is only the framework for an SMP treatment, and no one has said a thing, and when I did tell someone that I had a cosmetic procedure done, yes it is cosmetic, just as getting ones eyelashes tattooed is cosmetic, they couldn't tell where my existing hair ended and the replicated follicles (not dots) started. So you can call it fake, but the proof is in the pudding. Sure there are bad examples from untrained people, but seeing a quality SMP result in person, I can guarantee you would not know the difference. The problem is the people who bash SMP sit behind a keyboard and don't have the testiculars to see it in person.

You wont know if your hair will be growing, you might shed your grafts, then what ? As far as price, I guaranteed you spent at least $10,000 or more, so the cost of SMP is far less then that, so you need a fact check my friend. But good luck with your hair, I hope it grows. But when it does, and you have those scars where the removed the hair with the hole punch, you are going to want to cover that up, as it is unsightly. I bet your tune on SMP will change.