Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Having your head tattooed is a very short term solution that will turn into a very long term problem. Grincher is right about hairpieces, I have seen some really undetectable ones. They can really be amazing. I’d rather wear a piece than tattoo my head any day.
    I would NEVER walk around with a hair piece.. SMP is a much better solution than gluing fake hair on to your head.

Not to mention I've heard the glue they use for hair pieces ruins your skin over time.

I have both fue and SMP..and anybody I tell says it's flawless,even when it's shaved or I grow it.Today a lot of Hair transplant doctors are opting to go the Smp route,because it makes up for density that the hair transplant can't achieve!!

I would say that the best SMP procedures I have seen is when someone still has hair. If I went slick bald I would probably have FUE and SMP done. Simply put because I just got out of my teens. I'm not going to get FUE done and grow out 6000 grafts on a previously slick bald nw6/7 area. But I would still get the FUE done simply because of the worry of the shine. At least with a small amount of stubble/real hair on top I think it really helps to eliminate that shine.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjayhairtattoo View Post
    I have both fue and SMP..and anybody I tell says it's flawless,even when it's shaved or I grow it.Today a lot of Hair transplant doctors are opting to go the Smp route,because it makes up for density that the hair transplant can't achieve!!
    I had not up to this point thought about combining a somewhat weak density with an SMP. I have seen some excellent SMPs alone, so I believe it could work for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Yeah right. Because all hair transplants look like that.

Here's mine so far: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

At least a well done hair transplant will never be as ridiculous as having hair drawn on your scalp.

I will at least have real hair growing out of my once-bald NW5 area. And for the same price-range as SMP.

I said it before, SMP (on its own) is just not a viable solution for hair loss.
    http://www.fredk.be/fue/1year-3.jpg

you still look like you're going bald here.. and i'll bet you anything that transplanted hair is going to end up falling out again in the future..

no to mention the fact that you probably have to keep eating all that poison to block DHT from affecting the new hair too.

Quote Originally Posted by bret1y View Post
    http://www.fredk.be/fue/1year-3.jpg

you still look like you're going bald here.. and i'll bet you anything that transplanted hair is going to end up falling out again in the future..

no to mention the fact that you probably have to keep eating all that poison to block DHT from affecting the new hair too.
    What do you want me to say? If you're against finasteride AND hair transplants, then enjoy your future as a bald man.

Incidently Fred - If that is the length you want your hair then a really professional SMP would smash that out the park. Would look really good IMHO. With the transplanted hair there it would prevent a shine for sure.

topcat, so are you saying one form of smp is more permanent than the other? I had a consult with an SMP doc and he said his is permanent. I asked for the non-permanent and they don't offer that.

Jon, thanks for sharing. who did your SMP, sounds like HIS? and where are you located? you said "tri state" area. I want to try this, but I am very skeptical. heard about all of the worst case scenarios of the color bleeding together and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by tylergreen View Post
    Given the tens of thousands of people who say their lives have been ruined by hair transplant surgery? The scars, and the ludicrously high cost?

There are a lot of people who have been brainwashed by the industry and now think that a hair transplant is the only real option. Those times are over, and people are moving on. If you want to cling to the notion that a hair transplant is the only way and that all transplant docs are good, honest people, best of luck to you.
    first of all the scars come from strip not FUE so lets get the facts str8 here. and if ur comparing SMP to a hair transplant I can only LOL. how is a HT being brain washed. u think SMP will compare to a quality HT? keep dreaming....