Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    129

    Default SMP Surely is the least desirable solution for Baldness

    Personally, SMP would rank a long long long way last when compared to a hair system or hair transplant in the pecking order.

    Cost, pain and the skinhead look for the foreseeable future does nothing for me.

    Of course, others are happy with it, but surely anyone going down this road needs to take a hard long look.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    198

    Default

    There's a couple videos of it mixed with FUE. I'd really like to see this in real life, but I think the combination would make a good solution. Think about it, the combo will look like a dense, full head of hair, and when a woman touches it, she will feel the FUE stubble and it will feel like you have a full head of hair. Like I said, I've never seen this in real life, but as long as the white dots in the donor area don't show from the short haircut and the tattoo doesn't fade I think this might actually be the best solution.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grincher View Post
    Personally, SMP would rank a long long long way last when compared to a hair system or hair transplant in the pecking order.

    Cost, pain and the skinhead look for the foreseeable future does nothing for me.

    Of course, others are happy with it, but surely anyone going down this road needs to take a hard long look.
    Its personal choice though isn't it? Personally I think you'd have to be out of your mind to have a hair transplant. Think about what you're actually doing. The cost (and the pain) are arguments that a hair transplant can never win versus a high quality SMP treatment.

    I think anyone going down the transplant route needs to take a hard long look.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tylergreen View Post
    Its personal choice though isn't it? Personally I think you'd have to be out of your mind to have a hair transplant. Think about what you're actually doing. The cost (and the pain) are arguments that a hair transplant can never win versus a high quality SMP treatment.

    I think anyone going down the transplant route needs to take a hard long look.

    How much would you expect to pay for a high quality SMP?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    And it's not being out of one's mind to have f-ing hair tattooed on your scalp?! Please!

    Take your SMP lobbying somewhere else.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    And it's not being out of one's mind to have f-ing hair tattooed on your scalp?! Please!

    Take your SMP lobbying somewhere else.
    I'm not lobbying for SMP, I'm simply making a point.

    Having hair 'tattooed' (as you put it) on your scalp may seem crazy to some, but is it really any crazier than pulling hair out of one part of your scalp and implanting it somewhere else? Given the tens of thousands of people who say their lives have been ruined by hair transplant surgery? The scars, and the ludicrously high cost?

    There are a lot of people who have been brainwashed by the industry and now think that a hair transplant is the only real option. Those times are over, and people are moving on. If you want to cling to the notion that a hair transplant is the only way and that all transplant docs are good, honest people, best of luck to you.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Registered solely to reply to this thread. In my experience, a hair transplant is by far the least desirable solution for baldness. The reason being was that as I grew older and more OK with the idea of shaving my head, I had this giant scar to contend with, plunging my confidence back to my early 20's.

    Further surgery was totally out of the question, and a hair piece feels more fake than an interested stripper. All my other non SMP tattoo's feel apart of me.

    I'm ok being bald at this point. I wasn't OK with others knowing I had a transplant. SMP helped me deal with the later. And in the end, confidence is truly the only solution to baldness. There's my .02

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by point02hairs View Post
    Registered solely to reply to this thread. In my experience, a hair transplant is by far the least desirable solution for baldness. The reason being was that as I grew older and more OK with the idea of shaving my head, I had this giant scar to contend with, plunging my confidence back to my early 20's.

    Further surgery was totally out of the question, and a hair piece feels more fake than an interested stripper. All my other non SMP tattoo's feel apart of me.

    I'm ok being bald at this point. I wasn't OK with others knowing I had a transplant. SMP helped me deal with the later. And in the end, confidence is truly the only solution to baldness. There's my .02
    You can get a fue now so scar is little concern. SMP costs as much as some hair transplants.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    129

    Default

    For me a hair system is the best solution until a) I am happy to shave my head b) a trusty remedy is found

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Having your head tattooed is a very short term solution that will turn into a very long term problem. Grincher is right about hairpieces, I have seen some really undetectable ones. They can really be amazing. I’d rather wear a piece than tattoo my head any day.

Similar Threads

  1. K&B Solution
    By MrBlonde in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 06:22 AM
  2. Too Much Saline Solution?
    By Mobius in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 03:59 PM
  3. The 15% Solution?
    By bluewater in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 06:39 AM
  4. The 15% Solution?
    By bluewater in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 11:50 AM
  5. Surely it should be easier to prevent hair loss?
    By n33b in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

I'm going to test a LLLT helmet. Tracking my results here
03-28-2017 09:54 AM
by FAA952
Last Post By k9gatton
Today 11:41 AM
Dr Klein promox patients! Read if you need help.
08-21-2014 08:44 AM
by Jazz1
Last Post By k9gatton
Today 11:36 AM
How long will I last?
Yesterday 01:52 PM
by Sean123
Last Post By k9gatton
Today 11:32 AM
New to the forum!
10-18-2017 10:49 AM
by hegets
Last Post By k9gatton
Today 11:25 AM
My Story: Need Help with micro dosing!
Today 09:48 AM
by Sam01
Last Post By Sam01
Today 09:48 AM