Threaded View

I disagree that is this is a horrible idea for everybody and I think in some cases it's proven to be very effective.

Black ink when taken care of properly slowly tends to fade to gray. The sun bleaches it faster, so you would have to wear heavy sunblock which you probably should do anyway... Like any other tattoo I imagine you would have to go and get it touched up when it starts looking faded.

It's usually the colored pigments that can change color and I have blonde hair, so I don't think I would risk it.

I think maybe the going gray issue could work if you had black pigment that fades to gray anyway, and just continue to get it touched with the matching gray thereafter. Another thing to remember is that you can get it removed with a laser, and the darker pigments come out the easiest. If a cure comes around, you could then get laser and go for the regrowth. Google "laser tattoo removal" and you will find before and after pics where the tattoo has left no trace. The bummer is that it takes multiple sessions and it's not cheap. Maybe you could fade it with a laser to gray and then touch it up like gray/salt n pepper follicles?

Even though it's not right for me, I think if you have dark hair and you like the look then it could be a great choice. Some of these guys in the pics who had scars from HTs look 100% better after the tattoo. The guy from A.C. seems to be very passionate about his work as well as knowledgeable about the difference between quality inks and cosmetic pigments.

I have no affiliation with AC. This is only my opinion.