+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up "8 Things to Look Forward to in 2014"

I just saw this item tonight online by the website 'Grandparents.com'
    "8 Things to Look Forward to in 2014" #2 being 'a cure for baldness' with Follica being mentioned! Here is the segment....

2. A Cure for Baldness
    Finally! We seem to be able to cure a whole lot of what ails us, so why not receding hairlines? Researchers have been working for years to figure out how to regrow human hair, and several are close enough that reports say a product could be on the market as early as this year. Two potential baldness cures people are talking about: Follica, a procedure that gets rid of the top layer of skin and helps stimulate stem cells. And a lotion, unnamed as yet, that helps stop an enzyme that contributes to hair loss. There’s also talk of Latisse, the product that grows lashes, being approved by the FDA to grow hair.

here is the link...
    http://www.grandparents.com/food-and...ow/2014-events

We can only HOPE that something does pop this year..
    Ive said all along that my FEELINGS are that 2014 will be a good/positive year for all of us. Not just for hair.
    Stay strong guys and gals!!
    (by the way,,Im NOT a grandparent--LOL)

there will be no mpb treatments coming out in 2014. bet

maybe in 10-15 years

i hope we get the cure. but i do not think so, it is not that easy

Follica should have released a working product years ago. Getting excited about them taking several more years is basically applauding mediocrity.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I don't think anything will be available this year that will make a huge difference. Hopefully in a couple of years we will have something. Even if something was released this year, I would wait a while before I try the treatment myself. I don't want to be in that first group of guys that may end up getting effed up.

Pilox is also out this year, in fact it should be available in 3 months or so. It promises to work better than the big three as a stand alone treatment. It got shot down as a scam here and on other forums but when the time comes I think this is something we should take a second look at. Hopefully they will release some supporting evidence on its method of working and we can do some analysis together.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Follica should have released a working product years ago.
    Probably true..but market, research slowness, blah blah all played their dirty part.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Getting excited about them taking several more years is basically applauding mediocrity.
    NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
    So true.
    Too many people still frown when they realize how much we suffer. What we are really doing here is raise awareness about the issue. And we DESERVE answers, be it tomorrow or in years.

Thumbs up

Hello everyone,,
    Just wanted to say that I started this thread only to keep a positive vibe for us all.
    None of us really know what will be available this year but that doesn't mean that we should live with a 'doom and gloom' perspective.
    When I saw that topic online, '8 things to look forward to in 2014' , I thought I would share it here because it was a 'feel good' to read.

I remember when the US Department of Energy first began to study the human genome back in 1984.
    The info and data that was available back then for research certainly made it seem to be almost IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to crack the human genome to make it possible to map out our DNA.
    Relatively speaking , The Human Genome Project DID crack it in short period of time. (and there was competition too)

In general terms, I have been feeling pretty good about 2014.
    WE all must stay positive and strong.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hello everyone,,
    Just wanted to say that I started this thread only to keep a positive vibe for us all.
    None of us really know what will be available this year but that doesn't mean that we should live with a 'doom and gloom' perspective.
    It's not "doom and gloom", it's been realistic.
    When Aderans, Histogen and Replicel were in the game, there was plenty of reasons to believe something might have come in the short term. Now, we need to remain realistic, no one really knows what Follica is into, and Replicel's future is still unpredictable.

Can something come out of the blue and cure baldness? Yes, but the chances are minimum. With the information we have right now, nothing will come out in less than a year, and considering all the long time players are gone, it's difficult to believe we'll have something in less than 5-10 years.