+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Unless someone else can do it faster, it is, and has to be good enough. They don't owe any of us anything to justify your sense of entitlement.
    Who's pocket are the grants coming from? Government money isn't 'free money'

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Who's pocket are the grants coming from? Government money isn't 'free money'
    You are lambasting the very people who are actually working to solve the problem only for your own selfish reasons. Investors don't care about our personal struggles, they want a long term, viable, profitable, solution. A solid scientific understanding is an integral part of solving any problem. If this proceeds at a slower pace than we are losing our hair, tough. We are not owed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    And no, I'm not bitter about it like many people, I appreciate this kind of research, even if it goes nowhere, it's always great to have more knowledge, theories, etc. But don't expect them to become a solution soon
    I am not expecting anything from this research. I think Follica hits us in the near future, when nobody expects it, also if sdsurfin speaks about 30 years even though he did not sent an email to Follica directly, because I did and they said they are going to anounce new information when they have some. And in summer they were officially in phase 2a studies. So I do not share his negative way on looking at things. But thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    You are lambasting the very people who are actually working to solve the problem only for your own selfish reasons.
    Selfish? Because I don't want to be made out by society as some kind of gimped shitheel just because I'm balding, so they can remain at the top of the totem pole? Or perhaps this has nothing do with the biotech's raging hard on for profits? Or researcher's continued profiteering from prolonged salaries with this slow as hell paced research just to keep themselves employed?

Call me selfish for all I care, but I simply want acceptance from society, nothing more.

Investors don't care about our personal struggles, they want a long term, viable, profitable, solution. A solid scientific understanding is an integral part of solving any problem. If this proceeds at a slower pace than we are losing our hair, tough. We are not owed anything.
    Yeah, they want a profitable solution, and I'm more than willing to give them a boatload of my money.. RIGHT NOW. I've asked this a number of times, and yet nobody has been able to answer this:

Damn near all researchers always throw around the 'in 2-5 years' bullshit remark. Alright then, WHAT are they doing in that time? Can ANYONE answer that? Lauster got skin and follicles 3+ years ago... has he been on vacation since? WHAT is the reason for dragging things out for years longer, is it some kind of rule of thumb or law that any discovery MUST wait x number of years?

Hellouser we should start a public campaign and create some pressure on the biotechs. The so often resulting depression that hair loss causes is for sure not health producing and that makes it a real problem. I am pretty sure that we have journalists here on the forum that can influence important people. We might not be able to get the cure faster, but at least we build awareness and do something, instead of moaning around and the half of us changes their opinion every single day.

Maybe we should make the baldness day, a day where nobody of us work and even better we should gather outside of the biotechs and cry like babies to force them work because they are lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by breakbot View Post
    Maybe we should make the baldness day, a day where nobody of us work and even better we should gather outside of the biotechs and cry like babies to force them work because they are lazy...
    Men aren't going to get sympathy from society on the issue of baldness.

Men aren't going to get sympathy from society on the issue of baldness.
    Well, get some women on board. P.S breakbot. Itīs better than doing nothing and make stupid comments trying to insult people

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    Well, get some women on board. P.S breakbot. Itīs better than doing nothing and make stupid comments trying to insult people
    Not enough of them I don't think, at least they're not in the same numbers as men are and definitely not to the same degree as men; I've never seen a woman with a horseshoe ring of hair. But... that in my eyes is the best way to get a treatment pushed out the door, women will get both sympathy and empathy. Just look at how much people care about awareness for breast cancer versus men and prostate cancer. The disparity is astronomical.

Not enough of them I don't think, at least they're not in the same numbers as men are and definitely not to the same degree as men; I've never seen a woman with a horseshoe ring of hair. But... that in my eyes is the best way to get a treatment pushed out the door, women will get both sympathy and empathy. Just look at how much people care about awareness for breast cancer versus men and prostate cancer. The disparity is astronomical.
    Yes right, Sir.
    Well I will do what Spencer always suggests and get off this forum and check things out monthly or so. Just too many weirdos spread their s*** here.
    Good luck guys.