+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Can something come out of the blue and cure baldness? Yes, but the chances are minimum.
    If anything is in the blue that we don't have a clue about, there's no way to assess the chances of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    If anything is in the blue that we don't have a clue about, there's no way to assess the chances of it.
    That's right, but we can use past experiences and nothing worthwhile for baldness has come out of the blue

One guy in another forum took propecia for around 10 years before the FDA approved it

Heck, I don't think anything in the last 30 years in medicine has been a surprise, the days of a lone researcher finding something are gone

That's right, but we can use past experiences and nothing worthwhile for baldness has come out of the blue

One guy in another forum took propecia for around 10 years before the FDA approved it

Heck, I don't think anything in the last 30 years in medicine has been a surprise, the days of a lone researcher finding something are gone
    The days of plenty well known researchers shelving their findings are abundant.

It's become the total opposite. What happened to Dr. Lauster? Dude basically found the holy grail and has done jack shit since. What a WASTE of an opportunity.

The days of plenty well known researchers shelving their findings are abundant.

It's become the total opposite. What happened to Dr. Lauster? Dude basically found the holy grail and has done jack shit since. What a WASTE of an opportunity.
    Well, that's the thing.

Pretty sure Lauster findings have a future. But at the time they are worthless if you want a full head of hair.
    Correct me if I wrong, but I don't think he has ever created follicles in enough volume, and we still have to see a result of what an implant would look like. You also have to take into account how much it would cost to create each follicle

Well, that's the thing.

Pretty sure Lauster findings have a future. But at the time they are worthless if you want a full head of hair.
    Correct me if I wrong, but I don't think he has ever created follicles in enough volume, and we still have to see a result of what an implant would look like. You also have to take into account how much it would cost to create each follicle
    Cost is irrelevant. The dude claimed he created artificial skin with hair follicles, even said plans for clinical trials were underway. Baldness should have been over back THEN. That was 3+ years ago.

God damn liars.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0401112113.htm

Has anyone seen this already? I did not want to make a new thread. Its release date is the 1st of april though

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0401112113.htm

Has anyone seen this already? I did not want to make a new thread. Its release date is the 1st of april though
    Genetic engineering? Keep waiting. And there have been other genes identified in the past

Genetic engineering? Keep waiting. And there have been other genes identified in the past
    Yes thought so too. But I am always happy to hear from Dr. Christiano, I think she cares the most.

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    Yes thought so too. But I am always happy to hear from Dr. Christiano, I think she cares the most.
    And no, I'm not bitter about it like many people, I appreciate this kind of research, even if it goes nowhere, it's always great to have more knowledge, theories, etc. But don't expect them to become a solution soon

Follica should have released a working product years ago. Getting excited about them taking several more years is basically applauding mediocrity.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
    Unless someone else can do it faster, it is, and has to be good enough. They don't owe any of us anything to justify your sense of entitlement.