+ Reply to Thread

Default My introduction (and my hairline)

Hi, I am Tim. I am 31 years old and HATE my hairline. Would consider hair transplant to give me a better hairline if there was any place good in the Midwest (like Kansas, Missouri or Oklahoma)

Pictures attached

not for nothing, but it's not that bad and you could probably rock a buzz with your facial structure.

I have no information to give you, though, so sorry.

meds: finasteride, minoxidil, keto shampoo are the three proven methods to halt hairloss and maybe regrow hair.

thanks for the response. Yeah, it is just annoying to attempt to style because the front hairline always looks weird. And if it is a windy day, then it looks even weirder. I am guessing that Bosley is terrible at hair transplants, but I don't know. They are the closest transplant place to me (in Oklahoma).

Do NOT go to Bosley. You need to do an enormous amount of research before pulling the trigger on a HT. At first glimpse, you'd probably be a great candidate and could see a lot of improvement, but you're going to need to travel. Ray Konior is in the Chicago suburbs and is probably one of the top three surgeons in the world, and his specialty is hairlines. KA, MO, and OK don't, to my knowledge, have any reputable surgeons, so expand your radius a bit. Konior would be my strong recommendation, and only slightly more travel. At least do a Skype consultation with him. (I have no association with him beyond having met the guy and thinking the world of his work.)

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi 'Kcchiefsfan1982' and welcome to our forum!
    I agree with what Redy had to say.
    Your head of hair is NOT bad. We do understand your concerns of course.
    Your hairline has matured but its possible that you may not lose too much hair in your life time.
    Of course it could also progress into hair loss too. Who knows?
    I would suggest that you give Finasteride a chance.
    Ive been on 1mg per day for about 9 months now.
    It STOPPED the progression of my hair loss and I'm now actually experiencing really good progressive improvement to my hair.
    Over a year ago when I had applied 'Toppik' hair fibers to my scalp it showed to be a BIG waste of time.
    For me today Toppik is NOT a waste of time..it actually helps to give my scalp a great appearance.
    In other words,Thanks to Finasteride, my hair has improved enough to be able to use that product again! Hair seems to be 'waking up'
    By the way i use the generic brand "Dr Reddy's Finasteride"
    Check out my thread "Artista and Finasteride"
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13550

Ive experienced NO BAD SIDE EFFECTS -NONE.
    Good luck to you bro' Stay STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Do NOT go to Bosley. You need to do an enormous amount of research before pulling the trigger on a HT. At first glimpse, you'd probably be a great candidate and could see a lot of improvement, but you're going to need to travel. Ray Konior is in the Chicago suburbs and is probably one of the top three surgeons in the world, and his specialty is hairlines. KA, MO, and OK don't, to my knowledge, have any reputable surgeons, so expand your radius a bit. Konior would be my strong recommendation, and only slightly more travel. At least do a Skype consultation with him. (I have no association with him beyond having met the guy and thinking the world of his work.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi 'Kcchiefsfan1982' and welcome to our forum!
    I agree with what Redy had to say.
    Your head of hair is NOT bad. We do understand your concerns of course.
    Your hairline has matured but its possible that you may not lose too much hair in your life time.
    Of course it could also progress into hair loss too. Who knows?
    I would suggest that you give Finasteride a chance.
    Ive been on 1mg per day for about 9 months now.
    It STOPPED the progression of my hair loss and I'm now actually experiencing really good progressive improvement to my hair.
    Over a year ago when I had applied 'Toppik' hair fibers to my scalp it showed to be a BIG waste of time.
    For me today Toppik is NOT a waste of time..it actually helps to give my scalp a great appearance.
    In other words,Thanks to Finasteride, my hair has improved enough to be able to use that product again! Hair seems to be 'waking up'
    By the way i use the generic brand "Dr Reddy's Finasteride"
    Check out my thread "Artista and Finasteride"
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13550

Ive experienced NO BAD SIDE EFFECTS -NONE.
    Good luck to you bro' Stay STRONG!
    Thanks, both of you for the advice. I will definitely consider both!!!

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Do you have any ballpark idea of what it might cost me for Ray to give me a hair transplant? Like...maybe $5,000? Or closer to $10,000 (not including travel costs, etc. Just the surgery)

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefsfan1982 View Post
    Do you have any ballpark idea of what it might cost me for Ray to give me a hair transplant? Like...maybe $5,000? Or closer to $10,000 (not including travel costs, etc. Just the surgery)
    Totally depends on the number of grafts. For you'd I'd ballpark 2k grafts, which would be roughly $4 per if you go FUT. Obviously I'm not a surgeon, but that seems like a reasonable number.

Youre in pretty good shape but you are receding. Im almost 40 now and my hairline was similar at 30 as yours. I have receded significantly more but started niz and minox a few years ago and Fin this past thanksgiving. Ive been able to maintain a "wedge" that doesn't look too bad for a 40 year old guy. What I find helpful and would work for you based on your pics is keep the hair on the sides and back much shorter than the top. It will make the recession look less. I would try the "big 3" for a year and see what happens. I wouldn't consider a transplant at your hair loss level yet and even if you do, you will still need the "big 3"