+ Reply to Thread

Default Shave down to a #1 Guard

I've had a receding hairline and general thinning since i was 19 (I am about to be 23 in a few months now). I've been rocking a buzz cut down to a #1 and I feel it suits me well. But the thing is my temples have receded and I don't have a decent hairline to frame my face. My question is to you guys: would I be able to get an FUE of about 1200 grafts placed in my hairline and still maintain my hair at a 1 guard. I like my hair this short but I don't want to go razor bald. People balding in my family only seem to have frontal hairloss and I seem to be continuing in this trend. I know I won't be NW5 and up because it's just not in my genetics.
    So what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
    I've had a receding hairline and general thinning since i was 19 (I am about to be 23 in a few months now). I've been rocking a buzz cut down to a #1 and I feel it suits me well. But the thing is my temples have receded and I don't have a decent hairline to frame my face. My question is to you guys: would I be able to get an FUE of about 1200 grafts placed in my hairline and still maintain my hair at a 1 guard. I like my hair this short but I don't want to go razor bald. People balding in my family only seem to have frontal hairloss and I seem to be continuing in this trend. I know I won't be NW5 and up because it's just not in my genetics.
    So what do you think?
    anyone?

With fue, there is no guarantee that you can go to a one guard without seeing white dots from donor. Depends on how you heal and quality of doctor. Dr. Cole is one of the best. If I were you you, I would not risk it if your happy with you look. Under no circumstances would I ever do fut. Again, if you decide to do fue, you have to go to quality doc

I dunno hard to say without pictures but if you have actual thinning at 23, nw5 does seem like a plausible outcome in the future.

There are no rules really. You can start to thin at 17 like my father and stop at NW5 and you can start balding at 40 and become a NW7.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
    So what do you think?
    you should really try the Big 3 first and see if you can stop or reverse your hair loss. Until you can prove that further loss is can be halted, I wouldn't go anywhere near a transplant at 23.