Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blahblah
    • Jan 2014

Shave down to a #1 Guard

I've had a receding hairline and general thinning since i was 19 (I am about to be 23 in a few months now). I've been rocking a buzz cut down to a #1 and I feel it suits me well. But the thing is my temples have receded and I don't have a decent hairline to frame my face. My question is to you guys: would I be able to get an FUE of about 1200 grafts placed in my hairline and still maintain my hair at a 1 guard. I like my hair this short but I don't want to go razor bald. People balding in my family only seem to have frontal hairloss and I seem to be continuing in this trend. I know I won't be NW5 and up because it's just not in my genetics.
    So what do you think?
  • blahblah
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by blahblah
    I've had a receding hairline and general thinning since i was 19 (I am about to be 23 in a few months now). I've been rocking a buzz cut down to a #1 and I feel it suits me well. But the thing is my temples have receded and I don't have a decent hairline to frame my face. My question is to you guys: would I be able to get an FUE of about 1200 grafts placed in my hairline and still maintain my hair at a 1 guard. I like my hair this short but I don't want to go razor bald. People balding in my family only seem to have frontal hairloss and I seem to be continuing in this trend. I know I won't be NW5 and up because it's just not in my genetics.
    So what do you think?
    anyone?

Comment

• chicago99
      • Dec 2011

With fue, there is no guarantee that you can go to a one guard without seeing white dots from donor. Depends on how you heal and quality of doctor. Dr. Cole is one of the best. If I were you you, I would not risk it if your happy with you look. Under no circumstances would I ever do fut. Again, if you decide to do fue, you have to go to quality doc

Comment

• Morbo
        • Jan 2012

I dunno hard to say without pictures but if you have actual thinning at 23, nw5 does seem like a plausible outcome in the future.

Comment

• fred970
          • Nov 2009

There are no rules really. You can start to thin at 17 like my father and stop at NW5 and you can start balding at 40 and become a NW7.

Comment

• northeastguy
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by blahblah
            So what do you think?
            you should really try the Big 3 first and see if you can stop or reverse your hair loss. Until you can prove that further loss is can be halted, I wouldn't go anywhere near a transplant at 23.

Comment

Working...