+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was confused when you said you are 36, good look for you.

Default Thanks for the input...

Thank you guys for your 2 cents. Do you think it's true that bulking up can help a little bit with this look? I have always been skinny, but I've been hitting the weights in hopes of maybe reaching a somewhat Statham-esque look in my older age. My biggest fear is looking like a scrawny , bald, bobble head. lol
    It's really hard to tell how you are perceived by others. Again, I totally acknowledge my bigger than average head, but do you think some additional upper body mass could improve my situation? Thanks again.

Getting in shape definitely wouldn't hurt. I don't think you need to become a huge meat head to pull off the look though.

You've done it!

If only i had the balls to do the same.

Looks good, you look good mate.

How do you feel about it now, that's the question, never mind what people think, you've climbed the mounting, you just gotta decide what route to take down (then reclimb) or sit at the top and enjoy the view!!

You look good buddy. Don't sweat it.

huge head dude checking in here,

Key things to work on:

Facial hair (you have that)

Neck and Traps development (huge)

Chest and Shoulders development (almost as huge)

Staying Lean (you don't want to look diseased, but you want to make sure if you're rocking a buzz that you look like you're in control of your body)

I have a planet of a head and a forehead to match, but ever since I started working out and putting on some mass I've felt pretty good about myself. Until I realized I was balding. I wouldn't trade my chin down for anyone in the world though, so that keeps me going.

You took the big step and did the buzz, now you're in the home stretch man.
    Just get comfortable and build a look.
    Own it, get some nice clothes you feel good wearing, hit the gym and feel good.
    Once I man up enough to just buzz my hair down, that's what I'm going to do.

It's hard to tell how thin your hairline or hair or whatever actually is though, but from my guess at that picture you could probably pull off a little more length than the hard buzzcut, depending on what you like more. It's on your head. We always forget this.

looks good, man. I would take your head of hair over mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefsfan1982 View Post
    looks good, man. I would take your head of hair over mine.
    Really? Yours didn't seem to look that bad. Maybe you are doing a pretty good job covering up your recession. But no, I wouldn't say your hair looks bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    huge head dude checking in here,

Key things to work on:

Facial hair (you have that)

Neck and Traps development (huge)

Chest and Shoulders development (almost as huge)

Staying Lean (you don't want to look diseased, but you want to make sure if you're rocking a buzz that you look like you're in control of your body)

I have a planet of a head and a forehead to match, but ever since I started working out and putting on some mass I've felt pretty good about myself. Until I realized I was balding. I wouldn't trade my chin down for anyone in the world though, so that keeps me going.

You took the big step and did the buzz, now you're in the home stretch man.
    Just get comfortable and build a look.
    Own it, get some nice clothes you feel good wearing, hit the gym and feel good.
    Once I man up enough to just buzz my hair down, that's what I'm going to do.

It's hard to tell how thin your hairline or hair or whatever actually is though, but from my guess at that picture you could probably pull off a little more length than the hard buzzcut, depending on what you like more. It's on your head. We always forget this.
    Great points. That's kind of what I've been thinking. I feel like I need to work on my neck and shoulders to pull the look together. A large head with a small neck and weak shoulders is a bad combination if you ask me. I love the feel of a low maintenance cut though. I may grow it back out for a while as I work on my body some. My hairline is receding super slowly, so I have some time, but I feel like some diffuse thinning may be around the corner. They say that it's possible that Fin may not work as well in older guys, and I've been on it for 12-13 years now.
    I'm not sure if I can put myself through the process of surgery, and possibly multiple procedures. I'm desperately trying to reach a point where I can "own" this look. It's not that easy for a lot of us, but I think with the right body, clothes, and skin/facial hair, we can at least feel normal, and comfortable. My biggest hang up seems to be my head size/shape. At certain angles/lighting it just looks enormous to me. I also have that wishbone shaped bump on top( see Matt Hasselbeck). I guess it's not that bad, but some days I ask my self "who am I kidding?" It feels like I will never pull off the bald look.
    I'm going to keep working on my overall presentation, in hopes that someday I will wake up and not care anymore. It sure is a bitch going day to day with this anxiety though. Thanks for your support man!