Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • downandout
    • Mar 2014

replicel

Shiseido Co., Ltd. announces plans to open the Shiseido Cell-Processing and Expansion Center (SPEC) on May 1, 2014. The center, located in the in the Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster in Kobe, Japan, will centralize research and development on hair regenerative medicine with an aim toward commercialization.

Sounds like some goods news to me
  • joely
    • Sep 2011

It is good news, how ever their website says that phase 2 is going to last approximately 39 months, still years away

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Not really good or bad news... good news would be confirmation that their method works... even better news would be if their planned timeline of phase II trials wasn't a pathetic 39 months. Thats over 3 years... and thats not even adding the wait time until approval or commercialization.

Comment

• Jonathan
        • Oct 2010

Of course its good news that the investors still believe in the product and that they expand/open in new locations.

I cant believe that you all are so negative. What is life worth without hope and dreams? Ofcourse it hurts a little more if you allowed yourself to hope and the dream dont come true. But i say as the Swedish poet Verner von Heidenstam:
        -"Better listen to the string that broke than never tighten a bow".

Comment

• Artha
          • Jun 2013

The Japanese will cure us all!!!

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by Jonathan
            Of course its good news that the investors still believe in the product and that they expand/open in new locations.

I cant believe that you all are so negative. What is life worth without hope and dreams? Ofcourse it hurts a little more if you allowed yourself to hope and the dream dont come true. But i say as the Swedish poet Verner von Heidenstam:
            -"Better listen to the string that broke than never tighten a bow".
            Millions of dollars were dumped into Aderans and their product got shelved. Like I said, take the news with a grain of salt. It'll be less disappointing for you if they fail too.

Comment

• downandout
              • Mar 2014

it seems like everyone comes close to getting a cure out there and then somewhere in the middle of phase 2 end up getting bought out or something happens where they prolong the trials. Follica may be our only shot, but hard to tell with how we have seen no evidence, just a couple statements here and there. Pilofocus? If there is 85% regen, then that would be huuuuuge.. hopefully no longer than a year and a half.. Im tired of waiting..

Comment

• joely
                • Sep 2011

I suppose the one thing to take from this is if they are working Japan, presumably thy will release it there first which will shave years of releasing it in America, that is assuming it works

Comment

• Sogeking
                  • Feb 2011

Well Replicel has the financial backing but mind you their effectiveness was nothing to boast about.

Comment

• simba
                    • Jul 2013

If replicel works then it should take us from NW7 to NW1 yes?

In that case who cares if its 3 years away, I can deal with being a baldy for a year or two, just not for the rest of my life

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

Did you guys see that scientists are close to curing aging? Wouldn't that be something, if they cured that before hair loss? That 5-10 years away wouldn't be so bad lol.

Comment

• kobefan234
                        • Nov 2013

maybe replicel will come out for public use in 2031.

heres hoping

Comment

• Jonathan
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by hellouser
                          Millions of dollars were dumped into Aderans and their product got shelved. Like I said, take the news with a grain of salt. It'll be less disappointing for you if they fail too.
                          That is my point. I prefer beeing dissaponted when/if they fail, over living my life as a pessimistic person that is afraid to hope.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by Jonathan
                            That is my point. I prefer beeing dissaponted when/if they fail, over living my life as a pessimistic person that is afraid to hope.
                            Pessimism has nothing to do with it. Just look at the history of 'successful' hair treatments in the last 20 years; ZERO.

Comment

Working...