Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex82
    • Feb 2012

Dutasteride in UK

Hi guys, currently thinking of moving onto dutasteride having been on fin for over 2 years now. I've shed a lot while on fin and really not sure if its helped really vs doing nothing at all. I've lost overall densitiy from looking at photos and receeded further. I got my fin from Dr john ashcroft who used to be reccomended here but not sure if he is still providing this service.
    So I was thinkig as I've nearly run out of fin to move onto Dut. Just wondered if anyone in the UK could reccomend a Dr who can prescribe this? My GP is not that helpful unfortunately.
    Has anyone had results on dut that did not respond well to fin?
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

Hi Alex,
    You can email Dr Steve Edgar who is a GP in the UK who I now recommend people to since other Gp's i previously recommended have stopped due to illness or workload.

Many patients have been using Dr Edgar's service to obtain 5mg Proscar and 5mg generic for a while now and he also prescribes Dutasteride too.

On all accounts he requires a phone consultation with patients wanting to get onto Dutasteride in order to fulfil GMC regulations/requirements.

Email him directly on : DrStevengedgar@gmail.com

He charges approx £200 for 5mg Proscar and £170 for generic 5mg finasteride for 14 months supply. I believe he charges £300 for 6 months Dutasteride however speak to him directly and confirm.

I hope this helps.
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• alex82
      • Feb 2012

Thanks very much Spex. I'll get in touch with Dr Edgar. I was thinking to get some bloodwork done first to see where my dht levels are on fin.

Cheers

Comment

• alex82
        • Feb 2012

Last edited by alex82; 04-29-2014, 05:57 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

• Jazz1
          • Aug 2012

I got Dut easily from pharmacy direct Gb and I buy propecia from them, il try above doctor to see his prices.

Comment

• mpbsucks
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by alex82
            Hi guys, currently thinking of moving onto dutasteride having been on fin for over 2 years now. I've shed a lot while on fin and really not sure if its helped really vs doing nothing at all. I've lost overall densitiy from looking at photos and receeded further. I got my fin from Dr john ashcroft who used to be reccomended here but not sure if he is still providing this service.
            So I was thinkig as I've nearly run out of fin to move onto Dut. Just wondered if anyone in the UK could reccomend a Dr who can prescribe this? My GP is not that helpful unfortunately.
            Has anyone had results on dut that did not respond well to fin?
            Hello alex82, I unfortunatley responded to fin in the same manner as you. I tried switching to dutasteride to see if that would help and used it .5 mg EOD for five months with no affect. My scalp has remained itchy and my hair has definetly gotten worse. No improvemnt after quitting either, however some people that poorly respond to fin do benefit from taking dut, like the guy in the thread below. Good luck man, I hope it works for you
            http://www.****************/interact...t-(Dutasteride)

Comment

• slickster
              • Apr 2012

Hi spex/hairloss sufferers

Can anyone tell me if Dr John Ashcroft has stopped providing his service for
              Dutasteride??

As was needing to order some soon.

Thanks

Originally posted by Spex
              Hi Alex,
              You can email Dr Steve Edgar who is a GP in the UK who I now recommend people to since other Gp's i previously recommended have stopped due to illness or workload.

Many patients have been using Dr Edgar's service to obtain 5mg Proscar and 5mg generic for a while now and he also prescribes Dutasteride too.

On all accounts he requires a phone consultation with patients wanting to get onto Dutasteride in order to fulfil GMC regulations/requirements.

He charges approx £200 for 5mg Proscar and £170 for generic 5mg finasteride for 14 months supply. I believe he charges £300 for 6 months Dutasteride however speak to him directly and confirm.

I hope this helps.
              Spex

Comment

• Spex
                Dr Representative
                • Nov 2008

I believe so. People have found it very difficult to contact Dr Ashcroft who i originally used to recommend years ago, unfortunately, hence why i now recommend Dr Edgar who is very reliable and helpful.

Dr Edgar prescribes DUT, so drop him an email as he is pretty timely in replying.

Regards
                Spex

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• slickster
                  • Apr 2012

Hi jazz

How was your experience with pharmacy direct GB?

Is it all genuine stuff and good service??

Thanks

Originally posted by Jazz1
                  I got Dut easily from pharmacy direct Gb and I buy propecia from them, il try above doctor to see his prices.

Comment

• slickster
                    • Apr 2012

Thanks Spex I may try your doc out or pharmacy direct GB.

I believe so. People have found it very difficult to contact Dr Ashcroft who i originally used to recommend years ago, unfortunately, hence why i now recommend Dr Edgar who is very reliable and helpful.

Dr Edgar prescribes DUT, so drop him an email as he is pretty timely in replying.

Regards
                    Spex

Comment

• Spex
                      Dr Representative
                      • Nov 2008

No worries.

Comment

• Pentarou
                        • Apr 2013

Hi Alex,

I hope this helps.
                        Spex
                        Sorry to butt in on this topic Spex, but is this service still available?

Comment

• Spex
                          Dr Representative
                          • Nov 2008

Yes I believe so.

Comment

• KPhope
                            • Jul 2018

Hi Alex,

I hope this helps.
                            Spex
                            Spex there is no difference between brand and generic yeah?

Comment

Working...