+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HT & Proud

Default HT & Proud

I'm not sure if this is a normal feeling, but for weeks and months i'd stressed over how i would hide my HT and what would i do/say if people find out. However i had my HT over the last 2 days, and felt an overwhelming sense of pride that i'd finally done something that i'd wanted to do for a long time.

I walked into the clinic this morning for my day 3 hair wash without any bandages on top so the world could see, and didn't care what people thought. I had one middle aged woman stare at me like i'd got two heads but i just smiled as i was comfortable with my new very red head, and being safe in the knowledge that he next 12 months could change my life!

I saw this as a major change in my perception from pre to post op, and when i go back to work i'm going to be completely open about where i have been. I think there are a lot of people at my work that are probably in the safe 'self conscious boat' that i was in up until Monday this week, but probably don't know what options are out there, and in all honesty if it wasn't for other people being so open (including celebrities) then i'd have probably never known about a HT being an option.

Nice to see a positive story here .

I'm having my first FUE in 19 days, I think I'll adopt the same attitude, even if I don't have to go back to work after it, but to university (I'm 24).

I'm only a couple of years older at 28 - i hope all goes well for you in just over 2 weeks!

I've not long posted my story of this weeks surgery on another thread which might answer some questions on uncertainties you may have (although i have seen how many posts you've made in the forum so i'm sure you may be very clued up on the whole procedure!

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Nice to see a positive story here .

I'm having my first FUE in 19 days, I think I'll adopt the same attitude, even if I don't have to go back to work after it, but to university (I'm 24).
    Be careful
    I don't know what your current loss looks like , but @ 24 you could be setting yourself up for numerous HT's along the way

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Be careful
    I don't know what your current loss looks like , but @ 24 you could be setting yourself up for numerous HT's along the way
    ya this could be a doozie

I know I am, that's why I said 'first' FUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraff View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a normal feeling, but for weeks and months i'd stressed over how i would hide my HT and what would i do/say if people find out. However i had my HT over the last 2 days, and felt an overwhelming sense of pride that i'd finally done something that i'd wanted to do for a long time.

I walked into the clinic this morning for my day 3 hair wash without any bandages on top so the world could see, and didn't care what people thought. I had one middle aged woman stare at me like i'd got two heads but i just smiled as i was comfortable with my new very red head, and being safe in the knowledge that he next 12 months could change my life!

I saw this as a major change in my perception from pre to post op, and when i go back to work i'm going to be completely open about where i have been. I think there are a lot of people at my work that are probably in the safe 'self conscious boat' that i was in up until Monday this week, but probably don't know what options are out there, and in all honesty if it wasn't for other people being so open (including celebrities) then i'd have probably never known about a HT being an option.
    Super happy for you. I experienced the exact same thing just over twelve years ago when my first two bad procedures were corrected by Dr. Wong. I almost backed out at the last minute. Thankfully I didn't because it changed my life in incredible ways. I changed careers (actually invented my own), moved to a different country, married a beautiful woman and traveled Europe multiple times - all because of my hair and the attitude I decided to take about it Reading your post this morning brought a smile to my face. Good for you!
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    Super happy for you. I experienced the exact same thing just over twelve years ago when my first two bad procedures were corrected by Dr. Wong. I almost backed out at the last minute. Thankfully I didn't because it changed my life in incredible ways. I changed careers (actually invented my own), moved to a different country, married a beautiful woman and traveled Europe multiple times - all because of my hair and the attitude I decided to take about it Reading your post this morning brought a smile to my face. Good for you!
    Thank you. You are spot on though attitude is the most important element. It's a real emotional barrier carrying hair loss everyday and yesterday was so liberating that I finally had a hairline back. I could have spent the money on a car or holiday but that feeling yesterday was priceless!

I had a look at your pictures and your progress is so good. I guess my equivalent would be travelling the US a few times, I went on honeymoon last year and fell in love with the place!

The last hurdle I now need to come to overcome is Propecia. I know it's what I need to do in order to keep existing hair but it's a constant battle in my head!

Any judgement people have for you will be gone once your hair grows in. If you got a good HT, no one will even really remember or care. It's the same with any cosmetic procedure.