Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hgs1989
    • Mar 2014

george cotsarelis has a patent in hair growth based on his PGD2 findings

The invention relates to compositions and methods for regulating hair growth. Specifically, the invention relates to regulating hair growth by regulating the activity one of the prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) receptors, DP-2 (GPR44). Compositions and methods for regulating hair growth include inhibiting hair growth by administering a DP-2 agonist, or stimulating hair growth by administering a DP-2 antagonist.

thoughts?
  • Thinning87
    • Dec 2012

Old news. We talked about this.

In this patent, they are basically saying that a method derived from their research is the fruit if their work. It says very little about what they actually plan on using, or at least very little more than what we already know from the Follica news in June 2013

Comment

• hgs1989
      • Mar 2014

if you went down on the patent you will find that they have suggested several methods for application in the form of cream lotion or spray.

Comment

• Seuxin
        • Jan 2014

But when Cotsarelis will give us a real treatments ?

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by Seuxin
          But when Cotsarelis will give us a real treatments ?
          When Follica finishes Phase III clinical trials.

Comment

• joely
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
            When Follica finishes Phase III clinical trials.
            Seems like the magic 5 -10 years,

One question once they finish phase 3 if they get that far, can it be released or does it then go to FDA or whatever

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by joely
              Seems like the magic 5 -10 years,

One question once they finish phase 3 if they get that far, can it be released or does it then go to FDA or whatever
              FDA will give the final green light.

Actually the FDA is a giant TROLL for any kind of health research. These clinical trials with Follica have trudged along for way too long. I dont think the day that Phase III ends for Follica will be as if they'll have a commercial product the next day. Something tells me the FDA will stall the approval process for some time. It's total BULLSHIT. There really needs to be major reform with the FDA.

Comment

• joely
                • Sep 2011

Its got to get to phase 3 first. I hope it works I really need something to hold onto atm, the future is bleak not going to b anything for years

Comment

• hgs1989
                  • Mar 2014

I think it will be sooner than we expect because as follica said they are working with already approved fda chemicals and the patents mentions some medications like ramatroban and several others. ramatroban is already approved for asthma. I remember reading that follica works on multiple products some of them are on trials and some are not. so far they have patent for this and skin-perturbation both applied to humans.they also work with already approved fda chemicals. I guess they are close. articles say that they are very close to a cure/treatment. all these signs and some still don't think it is coming and is really close, seriously.

Comment

• joely
                    • Sep 2011

I love your enthusiasm and I really wish I shared it, I just go on and of anti depressants because of this hairloss BS, n iv just started my six months on them.

I did see in the Huffington Post article Last year that they were "VERY CLOSE" to releasing something, but that was six months or so ago, last I saw they were starting phase 2b trials in the first half of this year, if that's the case we are still years away arnt we?

Comment

• joely
                      • Sep 2011

And I cannot really seem to find anywhere anything about how well it works, just vagrancies from Follica themselves

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

And I cannot really seem to find anywhere anything about how well it works, just vagrancies from Follica themselves
                        Oh, you're going to get a LOT of that from all of the biotechs in regards to research. Essentially, treat them as liars and take everything they say with a grain of salt. Nothing of what any of them have projected has come true. NOTHING.

Comment

• joely
                          • Sep 2011

HELLOUSER,

Do you have any faith in follica or ny of the other companies claiming break throughs ect, im not sure what to think, it struck me today that if you checked this forum 3 decades ago, then only came back onto it today you would find the best options for treating hairloss are still the same

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

HELLOUSER,

Do you have any faith in follica or ny of the other companies claiming break throughs ect, im not sure what to think, it struck me today that if you checked this forum 3 decades ago, then only came back onto it today you would find the best options for treating hairloss are still the same
                            Well, I've always said that if what Follica says is true about them being able to generate NEW hair follicles, than effectively we've got a cure. We'd simply need to wound an area of skin multiple times to get the desired density if it wasn't possible through one pass.

So yeah, I've got faith in their method... but I DON'T have faith in their pathetic and disgusting projected timelines.

Comment

• joely
                              • Sep 2011

well that's something to hold onto, I suppose lets hope what they say is true. Hairloss is F*ucked up man, so many sufferers not just hairloss mentally aswell (myself) and no one has been able to fix it

Comment

Working...