+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Visibly balding = Pathetic/ Loser/ Clownish.......vs. Shaved = Tough/ Alpha potential

Ok, while I'm 100% for getting my hair back (hopefully) through the big 3 and hair transplants in future, I thought I'd still like to bring up that other topic and choice we balding (NW3+) men are faced with, aka. leaving whatever remains intact, or shaving the rest off. Now, as many of you may know, shaved heads unlike say the 1960's to 1980's are in vogue, and thus acceptable nowadays, be it be a shaved NW1 noggin or a NW7 noggin or whatever in between and considered to be another hair fashion choice.

What I have noticed however is that (particularly amongst the general public) is that NW3 - NW7 unshaven = pathetic, aged, clownish like bozo the clown. General perceptions out there are of you been (even if you are young with MPB) is that you are reminiscent of an old man or grandad, or a middle aged businessman or whatever else...........a pitiful, laughable sight. Not so much if you are an old man, as that pattern is generally expected...........but for a younger NW3+, under say 40 or 50, those are the unfortunate perceptions.

However, shave it off to a buzz even (or fully) and you take on a different persona in the public's eyes.............aka. the tough and uncompromising guy like Bruce Willis or Winston Churchill. And of combined with strenuous weight lifting, you become almost like the Bulldog human incarnate........both in perception from others and in other's eyes.

Am I one of the few who notices this.........that balding can show you to the world as weak, oldish looking, clown-like, pathetic etc............e.g. a scrawny, NW3-NW7 who hasn't shaving his locks .............whereas a bloke who goes fully shaved, works out and bulks up.........while he'll never be male model material or the sort teen girls swoon over.......can still win over the respect of other men and attract women 25 years of age+.

Add to that good dress, class and gentlemanly behavior, topped up with a manly presence can get one (NW3+) a lot more respect than what a scrawny, visibly balding bloke could.

Think about it, scrawny and NW3+ MPB = pathetic, loser, premature old man in the eyes of the public...........but combine shaved head + bulking up, and suddenly you are in a different league of perception altogether, including with women.

Anyways I intend to get what I can back with the Big 3 + HT's, but it would still be interesting to review my own (and my other guy's here) options of falling back on the shaved head option and look, in case all else doesn't go to plan.

One thing I have learned about the hair loss community, is that many are against working out, and get pissed off at the idea that this is what they need to do to be accepted.

Then why am I respected by my peers and friends while being a skinny pale NW5 (just buzzing, keeping the horseshoe)? Why doesn’t anyone laugh at Fred, the bald loser who doesn’t shave it all off and "hit the gym" like he’s supposed to?

Why have I been with more than 20 different women while sporting a horseshoe and being skinny as hell?

Why do I currently have two girlfriends if I'm such a pathetic bald skinny loser who "doesn't even lift bro"?

Please explain.

"You NEED to work out to be accepted as a bald man?" Yeah right.

You're only a loser if YOU think you're a loser.

I am not saying anybody needs to work out to be accepted. I have been doing it for close to two decades, just because I feel better and like the way I look with some muscle tone.

Fred you are a good looking guy. You are tall and can pull off the bald look pretty damn good. Unfortunately not all of us can do that, and should understand that their are things that we can do to help improve our appearance including working out. It's a personal choice. If you don't want to work out, then don't, but don't fool yourself and think that working out will not improve your look and overall health. I have said this many times before, but there is a huge difference between being in good shape and being a roided freak. Some of you guys refuse to see the difference for some reason.

There are many people that suggest that "getting big" is some cure all, but most of us know that it is not. Trying to discount the benefits of being in good shape are just wrong too. Oversimplifying and associating being "in shape" with being a "dumb jock" is a really out dated way of thinking. Being physically fit is not just for athletes anymore. Every doctor would agree that there are benefits to being in shape(not just skinny).

Like I said, if you like the way you look and don't want to work out, then don't. If you are one of those guys that is concerned about their looks eroding because of your hair loss, just understand that their are things that you can do to help improve your appearance.

Using memes like "just get big bro" or "just lift bro" to associate working out with being a dumb jock are way past out dated. I just don't understand why people are so resistant to being physically fit. For the hundredth time, you don't have to put on 250lbs of muscle to be in good shape.

Being fit can be attained by eating well and playing soccer with your friends from time to time.

I don't understand why people associate being fit with lifting weights.

I just don't like being told I'm not in good health just because I don't go to a gym 3 times a week. Not all of us have time for that.

But as I said earlier, if you think it benefits you, then more power to you .

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This.

It depends upon your facial structure. For me the thing that matters the most are eyes. If you having piercing deep set eyes with a decent face, you would look respectable, bald or not, shaven headed or not. Like you said, Winston Churchill looked respectable even though he did not use to shave his head. That is because he had those "I mean business" piercing deep set eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Well good golly... I guess society calling us losers for being bald was just our imagination!

even if I don't think im a loser because im balding still doesn't mean I don't want my life to end.