Threaded View

Lightbulb Visibly balding = Pathetic/ Loser/ Clownish.......vs. Shaved = Tough/ Alpha potential

Ok, while I'm 100% for getting my hair back (hopefully) through the big 3 and hair transplants in future, I thought I'd still like to bring up that other topic and choice we balding (NW3+) men are faced with, aka. leaving whatever remains intact, or shaving the rest off. Now, as many of you may know, shaved heads unlike say the 1960's to 1980's are in vogue, and thus acceptable nowadays, be it be a shaved NW1 noggin or a NW7 noggin or whatever in between and considered to be another hair fashion choice.

What I have noticed however is that (particularly amongst the general public) is that NW3 - NW7 unshaven = pathetic, aged, clownish like bozo the clown. General perceptions out there are of you been (even if you are young with MPB) is that you are reminiscent of an old man or grandad, or a middle aged businessman or whatever else...........a pitiful, laughable sight. Not so much if you are an old man, as that pattern is generally expected...........but for a younger NW3+, under say 40 or 50, those are the unfortunate perceptions.

However, shave it off to a buzz even (or fully) and you take on a different persona in the public's eyes.............aka. the tough and uncompromising guy like Bruce Willis or Winston Churchill. And of combined with strenuous weight lifting, you become almost like the Bulldog human incarnate........both in perception from others and in other's eyes.

Am I one of the few who notices this.........that balding can show you to the world as weak, oldish looking, clown-like, pathetic etc............e.g. a scrawny, NW3-NW7 who hasn't shaving his locks .............whereas a bloke who goes fully shaved, works out and bulks up.........while he'll never be male model material or the sort teen girls swoon over.......can still win over the respect of other men and attract women 25 years of age+.

Add to that good dress, class and gentlemanly behavior, topped up with a manly presence can get one (NW3+) a lot more respect than what a scrawny, visibly balding bloke could.

Think about it, scrawny and NW3+ MPB = pathetic, loser, premature old man in the eyes of the public...........but combine shaved head + bulking up, and suddenly you are in a different league of perception altogether, including with women.

Anyways I intend to get what I can back with the Big 3 + HT's, but it would still be interesting to review my own (and my other guy's here) options of falling back on the shaved head option and look, in case all else doesn't go to plan.