+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    In 2010 he did state he create artificial skin with hair follicles that grew hair... make of that what you will.
    The hair follicle was a velus hair, without pigment and without arrector pilli muscle I think. Basically it was barely a hair. And that was one, imagine if you have to in economically viable and cost effective way create another several thousand of those in rather small amount of time and they have to be good as normal hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    The hair follicle was a velus hair, without pigment and without arrector pilli muscle I think.
    Source? This is the most information (in laymans terms anyway) I've seen in regards to his method

Basically it was barely a hair. And that was one, imagine if you have to in economically viable and cost effective way create another several thousand of those in rather small amount of time and they have to be good as normal hair.
    I wonder if that bioreactor presented by Beren Atac in next months hair congress will address the issue.

Just found an article on him from 2010 where he gave the five year time line, you never know they may tell us they will have a cure next year!!!!! Doubtful but maybe

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    Just found an article on him from 2010 where he gave the five year time line, you never know they may tell us they will have a cure next year!!!!! Doubtful but maybe
    Whatever findings they have would need to go through clinical trials first.. unless, for some reason, somehow, they weren't needed... only country that caters to our need for omittance of such needlessly long clinical trials is india.

You'd basically have to hope that whatever is made known to grow follicles in large quantities would be carried out as a commercial product in India. However, I'd want to see a safety trial first... but realistically, I very much doubt anything negative can happen once a follicle is created and placed under the skin... its a grown organ using your own cells. You wouldn't really need to test it for safety as you can inspect it in vitro.

Just sent £15 or around $25.

Top man Desmond for doing this!

Source? This is the most information (in laymans terms anyway) I've seen in regards to his method

I wonder if that bioreactor presented by Beren Atac in next months hair congress will address the issue.

The way I read in the bioreactor chip work was it is mainly a test bed to trial drugs and not ever intended to be used in hair restoration. The upside is they are extreamly well funded and their technology may transfer to HT's?

Whatever findings they have would need to go through clinical trials first.. unless, for some reason, somehow, they weren't needed... only country that caters to our need for omittance of such needlessly long clinical trials is india.

You'd basically have to hope that whatever is made known to grow follicles in large quantities would be carried out as a commercial product in India. However, I'd want to see a safety trial first... but realistically, I very much doubt anything negative can happen once a follicle is created and placed under the skin... its a grown organ using your own cells. You wouldn't really need to test it for safety as you can inspect it in vitro.
    Is it not possible he has done//doing his trils with what he discovered?

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    The way I read in the bioreactor chip work was it is mainly a test bed to trial drugs and not ever intended to be used in hair restoration. The upside is they are extreamly well funded and their technology may transfer to HT's?
    I'm fairly certain that Dr. Roland Lauster's work is focused on the European Union's mission to ban animal testing. But, in order to do that, they would need an alternative test bed for cosmetics and other products. So with that said, you really do need an exact model of human skin and hair to test on in order to see true results of products; if the skin and follicles die, then the product is unsafe. However, I don't see a reason why the bioreactor can't be used for hair restoration if the follicles are an exact match.

That being said, if the follicles created from the bioreactor ARE exact duplicates and all thats needed is implanting via a Hair Transplant doctor, why do we need to do 3 phase tests for clinical trials? HTs are already safe, it'd be essentially the same process.

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    Is it not possible he has done//doing his trils with what he discovered?
    If Desmond can meet with either Dr. Lauster or Beren Ataç, maybe he can get some answers. Perhaps they'd be able to tell us what the requirements would be before having to use the bioreactor for hair restoration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAS_k1IrJpA

Well I saw it here. But that was in 2011. Who knows where they are now. I am waiting to see what it will be presented on this conference.