+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I realise I have been pretty bitter lately but Hair loss is not seen as life threatening illness therefore the FDA drags their heels on, if tomorrow they were to discover that hair loss was the direct cause of a life threatening illness then we would see the FDA spring into action and fast track a cure and research certification.
    At this point the best way I can describe it would be if you can imagine a stack of papers full of potential cures sorted by important to least important... well hair loss cures sit somewhere near the bottom and what's worse is that if something else comes along that is deemed more important then the stack gets larger and the cure to hair loss falls deeper behind in the stack of papers.

How long has Folica been at it?
    I've been around for at least 10 years now, I've seen at least two dozen approaches to hair loss come and go but all in all in a sad way I am still new to this scene in comparison to some people here that have now chosen to sit in the shadows as everything I have said and what is being discussed is old and completely uninteresting to them.
    Its all pretty much a rehash of old info, ironically it is all still 5-10 years away which basically means any time between now and forever.

If I measured time by the amount of success I have seen here I would have only aged a year if anything at all.
    Sure over the years we have seen a number of theoretic brilliance or increase in research but nothing has come to light which would suggest that there will be a viable treatment from or will be in the consumers hands.

Sure we have snippets of information here and there but in this world when 5-10 years has basically been 20 years or more we need a little more hope than a pat on the back.

I sympathise with everyone here, I really do because it has been a really long journey, some people have perished and not seen a single scrap of hope to send them to the pearly gates with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Let's assume the FDA gets the hell outta the way for Follica and actually allows them to release the treatment. How many YEARS is it going to be though before we see a treatment????
    That's hard to say, only the staff and researchers at Follica could answer that question, there is absolutely no doubt that Follica would progress at a much faster rate than they are now if they were not hampered by long wait times.

We'd have to understand a lot more about Follica and their trial phase results to make any sort of estimate but lets just say if they are at phase II then it truly would take 3-5 years to see the market.
    I'd have to look at a few videos and links to back up my claim but I'd say 3-5 years (without delay) is a fair assertion.

@hellouser @hair bear
    Well, I actually believe Joe from Staten Island. Last june he said that it is 1 or 2 years away. Spencer confirmed that somehow(just that it was possible, not that this 1 or 2 years claim was correct). Not to disrespect follicas approach, I really love the idea, but it is rather low-level: skin disruption methode driven by a protocoll(computer program) + known chemicals. Where could the FDA possibly start to doubt the safety of follicas methode? If they do... Follica should just tell the public. Letīs face it, if you guys in North America can legalize weed, you can do anything

This is what I would do:
    - Update Spencer on whats going on on the forums and his thoughts.
    - Ask Desmond(great dude by the way) to interview as many researchers at WCHR as possible and ask the right questions. We certainly deserved some clear statements. Speculations suck.

Again: sorry for my english. I am italian. Berlusconi, pizza, pasta

Your English is fine
    Not sure what Spencer could do and in regards to Desmond, yes he is a great guy but at this stage there is no guarantee he will be able to conduct interviews let alone make it to the conference at all, its a huge ask of Desmond and I wouldn't to burden him and feel entitled to anything regardless of if I have made a donation or not.

Speculations do suck and seem to be what fuels this forum.

There is also one aspect that may also be of hindrance to a release of a product and that is perfectionism, the research keeps evolving it seems and new things keep being discovered along the way so this may also be a reason as to why the 5-10 year mark keeps getting extended on top of the FDA process.

Isn't it amazing how weed gets the tick of approval isn't it. I guess when there is enough public pressure and acceptance anything can get approved.

Oh thanks man

What I meant with involving Spencer more often, is to clear open questions and also speak about this stuff in his show. Hair transplants and Finasteride should be out of fashion, he had great results with it, OK I got it, I got a limp dick -> not OK. It seems though that he just wants to speak about old stuff and I always question myself WHY? Wouldnīt it be cool to make some noice and gain attention from the public. Certainly wonīt lessen his popularity either.

Yeah man, we guys over here always joke about Colorado and the new weed-automates Weed was never through the FDA approval process and it seems some guys all over the world are enjoying this stuff

The thing is we don't know much about them, like how well it really works, where exactly they are at with trials and what if any is their expected release year! The product pipline just places them in human trials could do with a decent current status from them

So I have just spent the last hour or so going through all the Follica threads on here and in conclusion no one has a F*cking clue.

Some people claiming to have emails saying they are not doing any clinical trials, the website doesn't say anything just a chart that shows they are in clinical trials, others think they have gone back to phase one adding fgf9 and some people think they will be open for consumers this year or next.

No one really knows anything its just an up and down of emotions,

Don't know if anyone can add anything else or has any evidence to suggest exactly what the crocodile hat they are upto

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    So I have just spent the last hour or so going through all the Follica threads on here and in conclusion no one has a F*cking clue.

Some people claiming to have emails saying they are not doing any clinical trials, the website doesn't say anything just a chart that shows they are in clinical trials, others think they have gone back to phase one adding fgf9 and some people think they will be open for consumers this year or next.

No one really knows anything its just an up and down of emotions,

Don't know if anyone can add anything else or has any evidence to suggest exactly what the crocodile hat they are upto
    If Desmond goes to South Korea and is able to meet with Dr. Cotsarelis, we may get some much needed answers.

That would be the ideal scenario what do you think the odds of him getting five minutes with him is? he wouldn't have to give lots away, just so we know where we stand with them

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    That would be the ideal scenario what do you think the odds of him getting five minutes with him is? he wouldn't have to give lots away, just so we know where we stand with them
    I think the chances are pretty good! Even if we dont get to talk to him, we still have Desmond there to listen and record Dr. Cotsarelis' presentation. So... pitch in to the cause and help us send him there!