+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    “We've been able to consistently show that we create substantial new hair follicles in humans."

Follica for the win.
    Hello, can you tell me what specific source this quote comes from?

Has anyone actually gotten in touch with them? Do they even have any kind of timeline on the product? It seems like they are just working in the total darkness.

I have always thought that the sollution would come pretty much out of the blue when it comes to the hair loss treatment. I`m not sure if this would be Follica, but I`ll be more than happy to greet them welcome if they do!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacola View Post
    Has anyone actually gotten in touch with them? Do they even have any kind of timeline on the product? It seems like they are just working in the total darkness.

I have always thought that the sollution would come pretty much out of the blue when it comes to the hair loss treatment. I`m not sure if this would be Follica, but I`ll be more than happy to greet them welcome if they do!
    you are right they are pretty much working in the dark not giving much away,

http://www.puretechventures.com/pipeline.php this is their pipeline don't know if any one has emailed them direct but I imagine you wont get a lot out of them.

There was an article in the huffington post hwere they claimed they were "VERY CLOSE"

BEETEE this is where they claimed to constantly create new follicles

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/09...n_3874644.html

How ever I have found myself in several newspapers over the years for one or two things and I know they don't always tell the gospel truth, Don't know what they mean by very close but that was posted in May last year nearly 12 months ago

Follica is our only hope if we are all looking to have a successful "cure" within the next 3 years. IMO

I think three years is a fraction ambitious, As far as im aware they are still in phase 2a trials, they may not yet have anything that works

It shouldn't be that ambitious if they are using drugs that are already well known and approved by the FDA. They should be able to bypass a lot of this.

yeah you are right, Its just the time 2b and phase 3 will take then what ever they have to do fter that, which makes me think it could be some time off

Truth is the FDA could fast track treatments and have by their own admittance done so in the past but to the FDA we are not a priority so this will be dragged out for as long as they possibly can, meanwhile this becomes like a never end saga.
    I suspect that they love having a group of people to test compounds on more than anything else because the more compounds they test the more they can understand them and adapt them to other areas of need, in other words we are the perfect guinea pig.

Folica does seem to be somewhat of a leader in the field of research when it comes to Hair loss so its very likely that they will come up with a viable solution if not directly they shall create a spring board for others to follow up on.

It'd be nice to have something in 3 years time but if the past has taught me anything it won't, better to get on something that is proven to work until something better becomes available, believe me it does not pay to sit on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Bear View Post
    Truth is the FDA could fast track treatments and have by their own admittance done so in the past but to the FDA we are not a priority so this will be dragged out for as long as they possibly can, meanwhile this becomes like a never end saga.
    I suspect that they love having a group of people to test compounds on more than anything else because the more compounds they test the more they can understand them and adapt them to other areas of need, in other words we are the perfect guinea pig.

Folica does seem to be somewhat of a leader in the field of research when it comes to Hair loss so its very likely that they will come up with a viable solution if not directly they shall create a spring board for others to follow up on.

It'd be nice to have something in 3 years time but if the past has taught me anything it won't, better to get on something that is proven to work until something better becomes available, believe me it does not pay to sit on the fence.
    I could not agree more with the part of the guinea pigs, but if follica really works the FDA would be stupid to wait until other countries release a cure. We are talking here about billions of dollars for the treatment - tax money - tourism. Donīt you think that the USA kinda wants that money? But you are totally right, but maybe, just maybe, itīs different this time. Still hope so, even if the downfall is even more bitter

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    I could not agree more with the part of the guinea pigs, but if follica really works the FDA would be stupid to wait until other countries release a cure. We are talking here about billions of dollars for the treatment - tax money - tourism. Don´t you think that the USA kinda wants that money? But you are totally right, but maybe, just maybe, it´s different this time. Still hope so, even if the downfall is even more bitter
    Let's assume the FDA gets the hell outta the way for Follica and actually allows them to release the treatment. How many YEARS is it going to be though before we see a treatment????