Threaded View

Default 3 weeks on fin, concerned..

I am unsure of weather or not to continue taking 1mg fin; over the last couple weeks I've spent many hours on the internet reading all of the horror stories, and they are really starting to get to me..

I have experienced a significant drop in libido, and a marked decrease in the quality of my erections. I think I could still have sex, and am able to masturbate but it is worrisome that I no longer have morning erections nor am I nearly as aroused by sexual thoughts as I was just a month ago. At this point the sexual effects I think are tolerable for the sake of my hair, but if they get any worse or are permanent, I'm in trouble..

I should mention I'm also on an ssri (citalopram) for anxiety which I need and it helps me a lot, but the primary sexual side effects I experience with that is taking longer to orgasm, which isn't a huge deal, but the ssri may be making the fin effects worse, I don't know.. I notice that the fin seems to diminish many of the pleasant and happy feelings I get from the ssri.

Also, I have experienced a major drop in the subjective effect of alcohol. Its hard to explain but it feels like something is missing from my buzz. I still act drunk, but I am missing a lot of the feeling of euphoria and relaxation.

I know its only been about 3 weeks, but my hair seems to be doing great. It feels healthier to the touch, and its hard to tell, but my shedding appears to be slowing down. I was experiencing diffuse thinning that seemed to be accelerating quickly. That's why I jumped on fin, but now I'm worried that fin is going to destroy my life..

I don't plan on stopping yet, but I heard that some side effects can get better as you take the drug longer?? any truth to that? I'm also still evaluating how bad my side effects actually are, (to make sure they aren't all in my head), or should I be very scared because I notice any effects at all?? I don't know what to do, I really like my hair, and don't want to go bald...