+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What should I do?

Scared to shave it. Not sure about the shape of my head. Any suggestions welcome
    Thanks!
    Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140414_175815.jpg

Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	25707   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg

Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	25708  

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklx View Post
    Scared to shave it. Not sure about the shape of my head. Any suggestions welcome
    Thanks!
    Nick
    Hi Nick. I guess you have three options if you wish to change your appearance in relation to hair loss, (a) shave it, but in respect of your wish not to do this I will list the other two options, (b) review the Hair Transplant sub-forum on Bald Truth Talk and post your pics/ ask questions, review and consult IAHRS approved doctors to see what can be done, (c) or the lighter option, but still requiring shaving - SMP, another option to review, just in case you are not prepared for surgery.

Apart from those three options you should also get on (a) finasteride, either propecia or proscar quartered, (b) minoxidil and (c) Nizoral shampoo. You can pretty much buy minoxidil and nizoral in a pharmacist or store, but you will need to get a prescription off of your doctor for finasteride.

thanks!! do you think it will look okay shaved?

You could purchase a bald cap and try it on to see how you would look shaved before you actually do it. They're not very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklx View Post
    thanks!! do you think it will look okay shaved?
    Hi Nick, unfortunately I cannot answer that one and the only way you can find out is to try it and see for yourself . Otherwise if you are not happy about shaving your head you can always look into hair transplant surgery. You can find a sub-forum here dedicated to Hair Transplant questions, including from IAHRS surgeons who can assist you.

However as Spencer has pointed out, hair transplantation it is not an option to be taken lightly and you should do a LOT of research into what hair transplant surgery involves, what the results will be like, what your future loss is going to be and lastly - to try and shave your head to see if you like the look.

But definitely get on finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral as these can maintain and even in some cases - regrow hair. However be wary of possible side-effects using either three, particularly finasteride just in case you have any complications with them and keep an eye on how they are effecting you. However, I would also advise to do research on this forum (Hair Loss Treatments sub forums) before getting onto any treatment by asking questions etc.

You'll look fine
    If your hesitant , buzz it really short , then go progressively shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    You'll look fine
    If your hesitant , buzz it really short , then go progressively shorter.
    I like this advice. Major difference between clean shaven and buzzed coverage.

Thanks. I really dont want to use any of those products as they all have some side effects. Ill look into the other options you suggested or just take the plunge and shave it all or buzz it real short

If you don't want to use minoxidil or finasteride then don't waste your time with anything else. Just buzz or shave your head.

I think you can pull it off. I think you would look a lot like the president of UFC Dana White. Google him and check out his look. He looks better bald than when he had hair! The UFC has made shaved heads popular and chicks love those guys!