+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    So I wasn't far off when I said that the longer they take, the longer they get to have a job? It's like they purposely stagnate progress just to keep themselves employed.

Shouldn't there be some kind of agreement on the grant money being handed out, that only so much will be given based on performance and actual results? They basically have an endless supply of money coming in to do jack shit for '2-5 years'.
    They want to find a cure or a better product. The money for someone who will provide us something better are billions.
    I'm boring having this conversation it's not easy to find the cure.

What about replicell. Their solution looks much more promising.

From what I can gether replicell should be coming up to half way on phase 2b trials I may be wrong just what I gather from watching their youtube videos! Everything seems a million years away though, unless your a mouse with human foreskin grafted onto your back you can get as mich hair as you want

@Joely

I dont think replicel has even begun those trials yet. "RepliCel's RCH-01 Phase II dose-ranging trial of approximately 120 subjects is targeted for the first half of 2014 and will run through 2015. The trial will be conducted in Germany." http://www.berkleyrenewables.com/s/RepliCel.asp

If histogens current phase 1 dose was available today I would 100% go get it done. Even if it only grew you say 5 new hairs /cm2. I think it was shown to strengthen surrounding hairs that were showing signs of miniaturization.

If they released it they would make a killing on that fact alone. Imagine you fly to asia(early versions&2017ish in N.A.) get your set of injections and then fly home replacing having to put minox in everyday, taking fin everyday for 2 years.

I wouldn't care if I had to stay on bi yearly injections for 20 years waiting for a) better treatment b) cure

You may be right, as I say that's just what I picked up havnt looked at it religiously hey ho 3 - 5 years left

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    @Joely

I dont think replicel has even begun those trials yet. "RepliCel's RCH-01 Phase II dose-ranging trial of approximately 120 subjects is targeted for the first half of 2014 and will run through 2015. The trial will be conducted in Germany." http://www.berkleyrenewables.com/s/RepliCel.asp

If histogens current phase 1 dose was available today I would 100% go get it done. Even if it only grew you say 5 new hairs /cm2. I think it was shown to strengthen surrounding hairs that were showing signs of miniaturization.

If they released it they would make a killing on that fact alone. Imagine you fly to asia(early versions&2017ish in N.A.) get your set of injections and then fly home replacing having to put minox in everyday, taking fin everyday for 2 years.

I wouldn't care if I had to stay on bi yearly injections for 20 years waiting for a) better treatment b) cure
    2017 for a US release? Think again:

RepliCel’s proposed Phase 2 trial will enroll 160 male subjects in good health with mild to moderate androgenetic alopecia. Dermal sheath cup cells will be isolated from a small punch biopsy taken from the back of the subject’s scalp. These cells will be replicated and then reintroduced into balding areas on the subjects scalp. After injections are performed subjects will return to the clinic for assessment of total, terminal and vellus hair density and cumulative hair thickness, as well safety. Participants will remain in the trial for approximately 39 months.
    If they were to start this proposed trial today, they would be finishing phase IIb in July 2017, and looking at a potential pan-Asia approval in late 2017-early 2018. Phase III will no doubt be another few years.

Also, they only got around 6% average increase in hair density. Histogen's HSC got about 3x that amount. When it's eventually release it will be a nice little addition to any treatment, but it's not great.

@HairBane
    Sorry I wasnt clear, (just posted the replicel trials timeline in response to an earlier comment) I was referring to Histogen possible 2017 release in U.S.
    I realize replicel is obviously a further release date than that.

Im PERSONALLY just very excited for histogen because I dont need a huge increase to help me achieve my desired results. If I could get 20 new hairs per cm/2 id be very happy..anything over 40 and Id be fixed

Wish we knew if Histogen was still intending on moving forward with trials and developing this or if they are just going to shelve it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
    genuine question - why do you want histogen?
    (before and after pics have been absolutely dreadful)
    What planet have you been living on? Their results and photos are fantastic!