+ Reply to Thread

Default Help hidng transplant

For the last four years I have been using toppik concealer which basically made me from a nw4/5 with some thin hairs remaining, to a nw2.

Just over a week ago I had an FUE, 500 grafts of which went n the crown and the rest at the front, the front is healing up nicely,

But stupidly I asked to have my whole head shaved for the procedure, now the crown isn't healing very fast at all and minus the scabs its pretty red still and is going to be obvious when I go back to work on Saturday.

Iv tried toppik today before washing and its obviously not going to belong enough to use when I return,

Is there anything else at all I can do to hide this?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    For the last four years I have been using toppik concealer which basically made me from a nw4/5 with some thin hairs remaining, to a nw2.

Just over a week ago I had an FUE, 500 grafts of which went n the crown and the rest at the front, the front is healing up nicely,

But stupidly I asked to have my whole head shaved for the procedure, now the crown isn't healing very fast at all and minus the scabs its pretty red still and is going to be obvious when I go back to work on Saturday.

Iv tried toppik today before washing and its obviously not going to belong enough to use when I return,

Is there anything else at all I can do to hide this?
    1.) Is there any way your doctor could write a note requesting your employer allow you to temporarily wear a hat because of an unspecified treatment?

2.) Can you take any personal days or sick days?

3.) Can you work from home?

4.) Do you think the scabs/crusts in the recipient area have healed to the point where your doctor's technicians could safely remove them?

5.) Aloe Vera does help with pinkness but that could take some time.

6.) A quality liquid makeup can help to conceal the red/pink dots once the scabs are removed, but ask your doctor first.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

You could try Vitamin E oil to help get rid off the scabs, do check your Doctor is happy with you doing this but 7 days post op it will be fine from my point of view. As mentioned in your other thread and as 35 years after says Aloe vera gel.

Once the scabs are off then as 35 years after says a good foundation make up can take away the redness. There is one thing to be sure though that you are far more concerned about it than any of your colleagues. I have heard so many times about patients being worried about going back to work and no-one noticing or taking any interest.

I always suggest growing some facial hair if you have time as that is a good distraction.