+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Theory why fin doesn't work on your temples

People say that fin is not effective on the temples. I have a theory why it probably isn't that effective on the temples. Majority of guys start of with a receding hairline and they wait and wait to do something about it. Some guys wait till they're a nw3 plus. Am I jumping the gun by thinking that by the time most of these guys jump on fin the follicles around the temples are a long way past revival hence no regrowth and the ones on the scalp haven't been dormant as long. Of course this does only apply to the guys who recede then develop the horse shoe pattern. Recently the subject of hair loss is actually fascinating me.

Ya this is the most likely reason.

MPB often strikes the temples first, and by the time people notice and hop on fin some damage has been done.

Theres theories like more 5ar in frontal scalp, more androgen receptors, affected by testosterone etc, but I think its all about catching it early

You might have something with your theory. Many people hold off treatment early on in the hair loss process. Usually finally getting on fin when their hair line has taken a beating and is beyond recovery. I did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    You might have something with your theory. Many people hold off treatment early on in the hair loss process. Usually finally getting on fin when their hair line has taken a beating and is beyond recovery. I did the same.
    I'm no doctor but I do think that probably more often than not the by the time guys jump on fin the follicles have already gone. It could take 5 years for a guy to get to a nw3. I'm not sure if anyone has floated the idea before. I think that's why a lot of the young guys like me are stumped when we get temple regrowth. Let's say if I'm right which I'm probably not I do imagine there have been guys who didn't take fin because they have read online that the medication doesn't work as well on the front... I do wish I had decided to study medicine and not Law

Quote Originally Posted by Mribby1 View Post
    I do imagine there have been guys who didn't take fin because they have read online that the medication doesn't work as well on the front.
    I didn't start treatment for a variety of reasons. The above was one of them for me. I always thought treatments were only effective on the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I didn't start treatment for a variety of reasons. The above was one of them for me. I always thought treatments were only effective on the crown.
    I did the same ****ing thing I thought "what so the fda approved stuff doesn't work on the front. That's where my hair loss is." The industry is full of misinformation and you have guys who are 19 not taking the fda approved drugs and then falling into the traps of bullshit commercials and still end up bald as ever. Obviously there's a lot more there is to learn but god it's frustrating it's ironic that we both withheld from treatment because of the same reason I think it's a more common phenomenon then we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Ya this is the most likely reason.

MPB often strikes the temples first, and by the time people notice and hop on fin some damage has been done.

Theres theories like more 5ar in frontal scalp, more androgen receptors, affected by testosterone etc, but I think its all about catching it early
    Preach this like gospel good sir too many people wait and wait and wait and all of a sudden they're LeBron james

I also think a long the same lines.

I have been on fin 8.5 months and my hairline and temples are definitely slightly worse than when I started. I'm starting to think the hair I have lost in the last 8.5 months was already damaged and couldn't be saved by fin and would have been lost anyway. If I continue to lose for another 6 months or so I will become more worried though.

I think you're too early to make a judgement give it a year. I think you maybe shedding, in my opinion if the hair is still there its saveable but once Dorothy leaves kansas and if she's been gone a while it's unlikely you'll see regrowth. Hang in there sir!

If us unlucky souls with the MPB gene were REAL smart and ahead of the game...We would go once a year to a trichologist and as soon as there were signs of miniaturization going on, even ones not visible to the eye, it's fin time!!!!!!!