Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryan555
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Mribby1
    I understand that but the concept of a mature hairline is still baldness to me. There are plenty of men who retain their juvenile hairline up into their 50s like my mum's brother. On the subject of Mitt Romney who knows what kind of treatments he's been using. He's a man with a lot of money he could also be on some form of treatment to maintain his head of hair.
    Under 5% of Caucasian men retain a juvenile hair line into old age. This obsession with looking like a prepubescent child is unhealthy.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ryan555
      Under 5% of Caucasian men retain a juvenile hair line into old age. This obsession with looking like a prepubescent child is unhealthy.
      When I was 14, I had that sinking feeling the day I noticed my hairline receded about a quarter of an inch. I thought I was going bald. Although I actually was, the recession stayed put and my hair just thinned out all over. To make matters worse, at that time there were no effective treatments. There were rumors that pioneer doctors were helping out some celebrities planting 4mm plugs. Some help!!!

Younger men also have it a little easier in 2014 because short hair is now an acceptable style and longer styles are often referred to as "old man hair". When I was in my twenties, short hair on a young guy was considered unusual.

When I was young, I tried to think creatively. At around 15, I considered the reality that women don't usually lose hair. I wondered if rubbing estrogen into my scalp would help. Never tried it because I didn't have access to it. Still wonder if derma rolling estrogen would benefit hair growth in men with MPB or would you just grow a set of double D's?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
      forhair.com
      Cole Hair Transplant
      1070 Powers Place
      Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
      Phone 678-566-1011
      email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
      The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
      Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• Mribby1
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by ryan555
        Anyway the initial discussion wasn't related to a mature hairline,

Comment

Working...