Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torontostringer
    • Oct 2012

FUE for smaller areas

I have some patchy baldness on the top of my head that has sealed over with scar tissue. There are a few areas on the top of my head that are about the size of a dime that I would like to have filled in. Does anyone know if you can get a session of 100-200 FUE ? I'm new to this and just starting research, can anyone recomend someone in Toronto area? Is it possible to extract from the back of the neck?
  • ryan555
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by torontostringer
    I have some patchy baldness on the top of my head that has sealed over with scar tissue. There are a few areas on the top of my head that are about the size of a dime that I would like to have filled in. Does anyone know if you can get a session of 100-200 FUE ? I'm new to this and just starting research, can anyone recomend someone in Toronto area? Is it possible to extract from the back of the neck?
    Yes, you can have that done. Go see Dr Rahal. He's one of the best and he's nearby.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

I have some patchy baldness on the top of my head that has sealed over with scar tissue. There are a few areas on the top of my head that are about the size of a dime that I would like to have filled in. Does anyone know if you can get a session of 100-200 FUE ? I'm new to this and just starting research, can anyone recommend someone in Toronto area? Is it possible to extract from the back of the neck?
      We have a patient who was hit over the head with a bottle and robbed a few years ago. With the exception of the scars from the broken glass, he has great hair and is probably one of those guys who won't have any signs of MPB even when he's 80. He had a 100 graft FUE procedure several months back.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
      forhair.com
      Cole Hair Transplant
      1070 Powers Place
      Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
      Phone 678-566-1011
      email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
      The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
      Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
      Attached Files

Comment

• torontostringer
        • Oct 2012

do you know approximately how much area 100 will cover with medium density?

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

do you know approximately how much area 100 will cover with medium density?
          Hair generally grows well in scar tissue. In some cases, 30 per square cm is good for the first pass because it helps re-establish blood supply. Grafting in "passes" is the preferred strategy when donor hair is in short supply. Of course it's important to match the hair angle, caliber and density of the surrounding hair. 40 grafts per square centimeter is often a good ballpark target.

To visualize this, you could draw it out with a ruler on a piece of paper and dot inside the 1cm squares.

forhair.com
          Cole Hair Transplant
          1070 Powers Place
          Phone 678-566-1011

Comment

• torontostringer
            • Oct 2012

thanks...good help

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
              Hair generally grows well in scar tissue. In some cases, 30 per square cm is good for the first pass because it helps re-establish blood supply. Grafting in "passes" is the preferred strategy when donor hair is in short supply. Of course it's important to match the hair angle, caliber and density of the surrounding hair. 40 grafts per square centimeter is often a good ballpark target.

To visualize this, you could draw it out with a ruler on a piece of paper and dot inside the 1cm squares.

forhair.com
              Cole Hair Transplant
              1070 Powers Place
              Phone 678-566-1011
              My doc said the same thing.

Comment

• gillenator
                • Dec 2008

Yep, Dr. Rahal would be a great choice for this smaller FUE procedure.
                "Gillenator"
                Independent Patient Advocate
                more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
                  IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                  • Dec 2008

All good advice including Dr. Rahal. I think what you are asking for is ideal for a little FUE case. Why get a linear scar for such a small number of grafts?

Good luck.

Dr. Lindsey
                  William Lindsey, MD
                  Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                  View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...