+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Talking

no longer available

In my opinion, hair systems are easy to detect and generally look fake. This is because, among other things, it is not natural to see a 40 year old man with a full head of highly dense hair.

Hair systems also have high maintenance costs, can be uncomfortable to wear, and may actually make hair loss worse by causing traction alopecia.

Despite your common sense assertion that drugs such as Propecia don't really work very well, my experience has been positive. I started taking propecia 7 months ago, and my bald spot has completely disappeared. Don't get me wrong, the density isn't 100%, but I have gone from a nw3 situation to a nw2 situation. I also have a bunch of new hairs on my hairline, and visibly higher density throughout my hair.

I don't really know that much about hair transplants except to say that well done transplants are impressive, and much more natural looking than hair systems.

Cool

this forum is removed

Default Hair Replacement Systems are undetectable

Hi River,
    You only notice a bad hair system--not the good ones. There are a lot of bad systems out there but the good ones are truly undetectable. The lace bases just disappear on the scalp and the hair looks like it's growing right out of your scalp. You can't tell it's a hair system. You are right about traction alopecia. Attaching with clips causes stress on your existing hair and results in traction alopecia. Toplace does not recommend attaching with clips--only glue or tape. And you're also right about high maintenance costs. Hair Club wants everyone to sign a contract for monthly maintenance and this can run into several hundred dollars each month. But there's nothing magical about maintenance. Learn to do it yourself and save a bundle. The cost of supplies (tape, glue and lace remover/91% rubbing alcohol) is nominal and learing to do your own maintenance is quick and easy.
    Regards,
    John
    Toplace

Default Hello Lizard

Hi Lizard, I've taken the liberty of writing after reading your comments about hair pieces. May I take a moment to share with you?
    I had three excellent hair transplant in the early 90's. My crown is thinning pretty badly and shaving my head is not an option because of extensive scarring. Keeping it the way it is looks bad. I thought of having scar repair surgery.
    I was reading a journal article written by one of the HT physicians who is very respected and highly regarded in the field for his speciality work. He refers to a case study of a man with extensive HT scarring (like mine) for whom scar repair is not an option.
    Among the physician's recommendations is a hair piece. When I realized that I might be in the same position, this the daylights out of scared me. I would appreciate your feedback. What advice can you give, and if it came down to getting a hair piece, how would I know who is the best to have it done with? (travel is no problem).
    Thank you for any help you can offer. regards,
    Lorne

Cool

[no longer available

Default Homeless guys

Quote Originally Posted by lizard5781 View Post
    Thanks for your response. I'm glad to see that Propecia has worked for you and hopefully it solves your balding concerns. In terms of systems,I agree a lot of them look fake, however there are many people who use them who you will not be able to tell,and youll be shocked, both for men and women. My system is not high density and is cut short and stylish to reveal the hairline. A lot of 40 year olds still have thick hair as well, that is a misconception., I actually saw a homeless guy last week, older gentleman with a hairline in the middle of his forehead, thick grey hair, and obviously very greasy. In terms, of hair transplants, you can spot them as well, same as hair systems and with the good ones, u must risk surgery/scars to get it. I find them to usually look barbie doll like and whispy, if it makes a guy confident than kudos to him. I still believe that a good hair system is the only way to actually get your hair back, otherwise just shave it bald, but if it doesn't look stylish, foget bout it!
    Hey Lizard5781-Spencer has an interesting theory on homeless guys with great heads of hair. It is actually commonplace. You rarely see any bald cavemen as well.(at least the way they are depicted on the Geico commercials lol) I think there is a link to the excess sebum on trhe scalp that saves the hair shaft???Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityJames View Post
    Hey Lizard5781-Spencer has an interesting theory on homeless guys with great heads of hair. It is actually commonplace. You rarely see any bald cavemen as well.(at least the way they are depicted on the Geico commercials lol) I think there is a link to the excess sebum on trhe scalp that saves the hair shaft???Just a guess.
    LOL BigCityJames.....i gotta check that out.....mabye this could be a future cure for baldness and in the presentation we could show footage of thick haired street bums around the world, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityJames View Post
    Hey, why homeless guys don't go bald, I actually know the answer to this! And sorry Spencer and the rest of you guys to be the bearer of bad news, but the secret is........castration! Because bums drink so much extremely poor quality alcohol (and probably other things too), they are effectively chemically castrating themselves. So the reason you never see a bald wino is the same reason you never see a bald eunuch. Coz they ain't got no balls. Sad but true.

Default Gotta start somewhere

Ive been checking out different threads around this forum. seems like a lot of good information, but also a few guys that post their opinion (usually negative) in any and all threads. but for the most part, most "brothers" are very helpful so far. Ive been thinking about pieces too, maybe transplants. Just checking into fue now. Anyone know anything about some new non-surgical transplant, something to do with a laser? I dont know what its called, so i have been having trouble finding anything in google. thanks for anyhelp guys.