+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wigsmanufacturer View Post
    funky wigs are very popular in the market nowadays.
    Haha... who with circus clowns?

...even the men's wigs look appalling!

Even worse than the one I used to wear 15 years ago!

Default Replacements Vs. Shaved head

A hasty,poorly planned decision in 1992 sealed my fate when it comes to this decision-(shave,or replacement) You see, me along with many others rushed into the transplant route and was immediately disappointed with the results. This left me no other choice but to go the hair replacement route.
    Although I have been "wearing hair" for 17 years, there is not a day that goes by where I don't wish I could just shave my head, grow an edgy goutee, and be free-but I have those scars to remnind me of that fateful day. Obviously, I have adjusted to wearing a replacement(and they are damn good now) results in lifestyle and even personality changes. It is hard to explain unless you have been there. There is no doubt in my mind my life would have been different had I not chose to get transplants. I still would have continued to recede, I still would have been "me", but I lost the abilityto have the option to shave if I chose to. That alone would have been a very liberating experience.

Big CityJames

Default Homeless guys

Quote Originally Posted by lizard5781 View Post
    Thanks for your response. I'm glad to see that Propecia has worked for you and hopefully it solves your balding concerns. In terms of systems,I agree a lot of them look fake, however there are many people who use them who you will not be able to tell,and youll be shocked, both for men and women. My system is not high density and is cut short and stylish to reveal the hairline. A lot of 40 year olds still have thick hair as well, that is a misconception., I actually saw a homeless guy last week, older gentleman with a hairline in the middle of his forehead, thick grey hair, and obviously very greasy. In terms, of hair transplants, you can spot them as well, same as hair systems and with the good ones, u must risk surgery/scars to get it. I find them to usually look barbie doll like and whispy, if it makes a guy confident than kudos to him. I still believe that a good hair system is the only way to actually get your hair back, otherwise just shave it bald, but if it doesn't look stylish, foget bout it!
    Hey Lizard5781-Spencer has an interesting theory on homeless guys with great heads of hair. It is actually commonplace. You rarely see any bald cavemen as well.(at least the way they are depicted on the Geico commercials lol) I think there is a link to the excess sebum on trhe scalp that saves the hair shaft???Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityJames View Post
    Hey Lizard5781-Spencer has an interesting theory on homeless guys with great heads of hair. It is actually commonplace. You rarely see any bald cavemen as well.(at least the way they are depicted on the Geico commercials lol) I think there is a link to the excess sebum on trhe scalp that saves the hair shaft???Just a guess.
    LOL BigCityJames.....i gotta check that out.....mabye this could be a future cure for baldness and in the presentation we could show footage of thick haired street bums around the world, hahaha.

Default Non surgical hair transplant

I think you could also use a non surgical hair transplant in which they make a modified wig using natural hairs (of some one else ofcourse) and fix it on your head, it also looks natural if you make your hair style with caution. You may shave your head or you may not, up to you. But its a good alternative. Or try out the laser treatment, its also effective.

Default Question about non-surg HR

Can you swim with these "hairpieces?"
    Is there anyone who is really great at making them in the Norfolk, VA or Myrtle Beach, SC area?
    I'm a mom looking into this for my 25-year-old son. His head is almost bald for a 4-5 inch span running from former hairline to the crown. He combs over his other thick beautiful hair.
    THANKS
    also--I'm totally new to this site, and welcome all suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityJames View Post
    Hey, why homeless guys don't go bald, I actually know the answer to this! And sorry Spencer and the rest of you guys to be the bearer of bad news, but the secret is........castration! Because bums drink so much extremely poor quality alcohol (and probably other things too), they are effectively chemically castrating themselves. So the reason you never see a bald wino is the same reason you never see a bald eunuch. Coz they ain't got no balls. Sad but true.

Default Gotta start somewhere

Ive been checking out different threads around this forum. seems like a lot of good information, but also a few guys that post their opinion (usually negative) in any and all threads. but for the most part, most "brothers" are very helpful so far. Ive been thinking about pieces too, maybe transplants. Just checking into fue now. Anyone know anything about some new non-surgical transplant, something to do with a laser? I dont know what its called, so i have been having trouble finding anything in google. thanks for anyhelp guys.

Default Non-surgical transplant?

If it's really a transplant, then it's surgical. So I doubt this is a transplant. Do they call it a non-surgical "graft"? If so, it's a hairpiece, pure and simple.

There are a lot of companies selling low-level lasers as a cure to baldness. What the laser really increases is the size of the seller's wallet.

I'm willing to bet that this is either an attempt to describe a hairpiece as some super-duper, high-tech, ultra-realistic product (there's a 90% chance they'll call it a scientific breakthrough) or an attempt to sell a nearly-worthless laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Toplace View Post
    Lizard is right--the hairline is key. If not done properly you get the 'doll's hair' effect. And if you get a French lace base or Super Fine Swiss lace base (state of the art bases) they virtually disappear on the scalp. This allows you so show some scalp and this provides the realism that everyone wants. Some companies still use the old-fashioned fine mono bases which are thicker and do not disappear on the scalp--avoid these. Go with a French lace base or a Super Fine Swiss lace base and the hair will look just like it's growing out of your scalp.
    Regards,
    John
    TopLace
    Hello Lizard and John,
    A short note to say many thanks for your informative responses. I really appreciated you taking the time to share your feedback. Very helpful. Keep up the good work.
    best,