+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default We have 3 companies working on topical "side free" finasteride equivalents

#1: Cosmo Pharmaceuticals with CB-03-01
    Product Pipeline

#2: Androscience with ASC-J9
    Product Pipeline

#3: NovanTherapeutics with SB204 Product Pipeline *

*Technically Novan hasn't started trials for Alopecia. They're a bit behind the other two, but SB204 is another topical AA (Link)

Discuss

I'll start. Well, hoo wee exciting stuff. I think these all will have great, albeit similar efficacy. To bad we are atleast months from discovering vehicles, and years from a commercial product. In conclusion,

God Help Us.

PS. Why couldn't I have started balding in like 4 years.

Good news. Hopefully something pans out. This is good news even for guys like me that are currently on fin. I don't want to take this stuff for the rest of my life, so if we have a safer/side free substitute available in a few years, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Good news. Hopefully something pans out. This is good news even for guys like me that are currently on fin. I don't want to take this stuff for the rest of my life, so if we have a safer/side free substitute available in a few years, that would be great.
    Man, I went on dut and I had to piss all the time and got a tingling burning in my prostate. Basically I got prostatitis ie inflammation of the prostate. Sucks

Been off for 2 weeks now or so, everyday is getting better. Im getting on ru now and then trying again with fin ( I only did 5 days of dut cause I was rightfully worried about the half life).

DUT is some serious stuff. If I can keep what I have, then I will just stick with fin. Hopefully we will have one or more of the treatments you have listed available in the near future.

Good luck recovering from your sides.

Is there any pipeline of Histogen and Replicel?

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    #1: Cosmo Pharmaceuticals with CB-03-01
    Product Pipeline

#2: Androscience with ASC-J9
    Product Pipeline

#3: NovanTherapeutics with SB204 Product Pipeline *

*Technically Novan hasn't started trials for Alopecia. They're a bit behind the other two, but SB204 is another topical AA (Link)

Discuss

I'll start. Well, hoo wee exciting stuff. I think these all will have great, albeit similar efficacy. To bad we are atleast months from discovering vehicles, and years from a commercial product. In conclusion,

God Help Us.

PS. Why couldn't I have started balding in like 4 years.

Yeah also hygeia therapeutics, which was acquired recently, has a topical AA in the pipeline. More exciting, they are researching about a topical side effects free estrogen-antiandrogen medication.

I think it's 7-10 years away though.

As for Novan, sb-204 could very well be the first one in the market.

the acne vehicle and the one used recently by the taiwanese study testing the effectiveness of NO for mpb are both gel solutions.

I guess it is good that more companies are working on hair loss solutions.

The sad reality though is that all these things are years away from being commercialized. Also, while topical AAs might completely eliminate hair loss, I don't think they will do much for high norwoods who have already lost much of their hair. Those folks will have to wait for a stem cell solution or donor replication.

I notice ASC-J9 has completed phase II trials for acne. Is there a possibility the acne formulation could be used off label for hair loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I notice ASC-J9 has completed phase II trials for acne. Is there a possibility the acne formulation could be used off label for hair loss?
    OMG, what the hell is it with all these biotechs being so obsessed with treatments for acne? Cosmo Pharmaceuticals did this too; acne first, hair loss later. Are they completely stupid?

Its tough to not ask yourself what took so long? Why couldnt any of these 3 treatments been started on like 5 or 10 years ago? Waiting years for any of these is a long time to watch hair die that probably wont ever come back. The idea of taking a drug like propecia really doesnt sit too well with me though and long term your just going to switch to one of those once its out anyways so why bother starting propecia? We dont know if hair saved on propecia will transfer over to whatever other thing comes out. Seems it would but who knows
    Yeah though in like 5 years assuming these pan out MPB will be a much easier problem to deal with and maybe even preventable with few if any sides. Once that day happens MPB is in a sense cured for people that still have hair at least.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Its tough to not ask yourself what took so long? Why couldnt any of these 3 treatments been started on like 5 or 10 years ago? Waiting years for any of these is a long time to watch hair die that probably wont ever come back. The idea of taking a drug like propecia really doesnt sit too well with me though and long term your just going to switch to one of those once its out anyways so why bother starting propecia? We dont know if hair saved on propecia will transfer over to whatever other thing comes out. Seems it would but who knows
    Yeah though in like 5 years assuming these pan out MPB will be a much easier problem to deal with and maybe even preventable with few if any sides. Once that day happens MPB is in a sense cured for people that still have hair at least.
    It most definitely will 'transfer'. Your logic would support the notion that taking finasteride for 10 years and immediately stopping would suggest that you'd immediately experience hair loss of 10 years right after quitting.