+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

We need it now. We are screwed without a vehicle. I expect May to be a big month with all these announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    We need it now. We are screwed without a vehicle. I expect May to be a big month with all these announcements.
    I'd say DEMAND would get you further than simply expecting.

Somebody help me find the foam for asc ! Cb blocks dht from attacking the scalp, asc completely destroys it

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    OMG, what the hell is it with all these biotechs being so obsessed with treatments for acne? Cosmo Pharmaceuticals did this too; acne first, hair loss later. Are they completely stupid?
    acne already has two very good products right now benzoyl peroxide and isotretinoin. they both can cure acne. no cures for alopecia though

Quote Originally Posted by kobefan234 View Post
    acne already has two very good products right now benzoyl peroxide and isotretinoin. they both can cure acne. no cures for alopecia though
    The fat corporate d-bags in the biotechs are borderline retarded for throwing in ANOTHER acne treatment. I wanna strangle someone right now.

I believe in Finasteride efficiency in stopping hair loss and growing vellus hair too. I had most of my hair grown back in 2007 however the sexual sides killed my love life and confidence. I really wish and pray that one of these companies to successfully produce a topical Finasteride which does not cause any sexual sides. I find it hard to believe though especially that it will be absorbed by the skin into the blood. However I'm not a scientist and maybe someone over here can explain how will they manage to do it (Topical Finasteride with sexual sides)!

ASC-J9 is progressing so slowly it's almost going backwards. It took 4 years just to get from Phase 2a to 2b. At that rate they'll never get to Alopecia trials. I remember it was big news on the forums in 2009 ish, but seems to have stagnated to such a point some here don't even seem to have known about it.

I think they are having problems finding a partner for it. Unsurprisingly, since the acne market is already well catered for.

There must be a reason they all go for acne first. The idea that they are literally all so retarded they haven't figured out alopecia has a market is not credible.

I suspect it is that they recognise how hard it is to get regrowth in alopecia, which makes it difficult to market. Propecia is regarded as a disappointment in terms of sales, and was so even before the sexual sides became big news. Unfortunately, "spend $100 a month to probably slow down your hair loss" just isn't a strong advertising statement.

Whereas improvement in acne actually seems to be a selling point for people. As evidenced by the fact the acne market is flooded with both products and advertising.

Oh well, we just have to accept that. Put our faith in Cosmo who are the only guys who seem both interested enough and financially powerful enough to push it through.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    OMG, what the hell is it with all these biotechs being so obsessed with treatments for acne? Cosmo Pharmaceuticals did this too; acne first, hair loss later. Are they completely stupid?
    No, they simply need money and the need it now.

Acne can be reasonably managed today and it affects mostly adolescents, boys and girls, which are very sensitive about their looks. On the other hand, hair loss, even in the extreme unfortunate case where it starts so early, is almost never a concern at teen age. It is also well known that hair loss is a very tough nut to crack.

Q.E.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    There must be a reason they all go for acne first. The idea that they are literally all so retarded they haven't figured out alopecia has a market is not credible.

I suspect it is that they recognise how hard it is to get regrowth in alopecia, which makes it difficult to market. Propecia is regarded as a disappointment in terms of sales, and was so even before the sexual sides became big news. Unfortunately, "spend $100 a month to probably slow down your hair loss" just isn't a strong advertising statement.

I think you are spot on here. Propecia sales were/are crappy. the influence of some factors played a significant role

1. the side effects histeria
    2. you could buy the generic form and save money
    3. minimal regrowth

Point 1 and 2 wont be a problem for cb or sb-204.

Still, we must remember that this sort of second generation antiandrogens will be hair keepers rather than regrowers.

Topicals stopping dht effects locally are the logical next step in aga treatments. we really need them succeeding in coming to the market.

How do we know it will not regrow hair. I have seen fin regrow hair many times, and Cb is suppose to work better than fin.