Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • censur
    • Jan 2013

Wind damaging the grafts

I think I am being a little bit obsessive about this, but I still feel I must ask you guys because this HT is such a huge deal for me.
    How sensitive are the transplanted grafts actually after a FUE surgery?
    I know they are sensitive, but not how sensititive.

I realize that the optimal thing you can do is to do nothing else than sit in your home without going outside or performing any activities the days after the surgery.
    I did however go outside for a little walk the day after the surgery, not wearing a cap, to get som fresh air.
    The problem was that after a while I noticed it was very windy so I went straight back home, but I must have been outside in the windy weather for about five minutes.
    Could even this have damaged the grafts in some way?
    Is there generally risky to be outside the day after a HT if its windy outside?

Sounds like a stupid question, but I just want to make sure.
    Differeny clinics have different restrictions for what you can and can't do after surgery.
  • jcm126
    • Jun 2013

I don't see how a bit of wind can damage the grafts inserted into your head. Just don't go out and run a marathon tomorrow and you should be fine.

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jcm126
      I don't see how a bit of wind can damage the grafts inserted into your head. Just don't go out and run a marathon tomorrow and you should be fine.
      I agree completely...
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
        Doctor Representative
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by censur
        I think I am being a little bit obsessive about this, but I still feel I must ask you guys because this HT is such a huge deal for me.
        How sensitive are the transplanted grafts actually after a FUE surgery?
        I know they are sensitive, but not how sensititive.

I realize that the optimal thing you can do is to do nothing else than sit in your home without going outside or performing any activities the days after the surgery.
        I did however go outside for a little walk the day after the surgery, not wearing a cap, to get som fresh air.
        The problem was that after a while I noticed it was very windy so I went straight back home, but I must have been outside in the windy weather for about five minutes.
        Could even this have damaged the grafts in some way?
        Is there generally risky to be outside the day after a HT if its windy outside?

Sounds like a stupid question, but I just want to make sure.
        Differeny clinics have different restrictions for what you can and can't do after surgery.
        Wind won't hurt you grafts, just be sure to avoid tornadoes, tsunamis and hurricanes.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
        forhair.com
        Cole Hair Transplant
        1070 Powers Place
        Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
        Phone 678-566-1011
        email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
        The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
        Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• cocacola
          • Feb 2013

Censur, do you think u will post any pics/updates for ur 2nd hst? Been a while we did not get any updates from fellow HST buddies.

Comment

Working...